I have looked for the past day for an answer to this question.

I downloaded the 4.2.1 OS to my Windows PC but when I extract it the files are DMG files and Redsn0w doesnt recognize them nor do I, how do I get these to IPSW files or is there a separate windows downloadable firmware for the iPhone 3G ?

Thanks
    12-22-2010 12:54 PM
    Why are you extracting it? you download the ipsw and then you run Redsn0w and point it at the ipsw. Unless it runs differently on Windows? I have the 4.2.1 ipsw anyway so if you need it let me know by PM and I can throw it in my Dropbox for you.
    Pete Sake likes this.
    12-22-2010 02:35 PM
    I appreciate it !! but the problem was IE, it kept downloading the dmg files so a quick switch to Firefox with the same file downloaded them as IPSW, dont know what the deal is probably some beef with Microsoft and Apple...lol I Jailbroke the iPhone 3G and unlocked it but now im running into problems.

1. Springboard keeps crashing when i try to compose a text message
    2. Battery life is Horrible
    3. iPhone runs very slow
    12-23-2010 09:36 AM
    12-23-2010 02:45 PM
    it's a 3G, did you enable multi-tasking and wallpaper through the JB? You may need to Re-JB to get it to stop crashing or it may be one of the themes or apps you've installed. If you enabled multi-tasking and wallpaper I'd say redo it and leave them off then get Winterboard and enable your wallpaper that way.
    12-23-2010 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD