I jailbroke an Iphone 3g 4.2.1 and my battery lasts about 2-3 hours max and then its over!! wish there was a fix for this.
    12-29-2010 01:29 PM
    I jailbroke an Iphone 3g 4.2.1 and my battery lasts about 2-3 hours max and then its over!! wish there was a fix for this.

OMG , now I am feeling bad for complaining. My battery drain is bad but not THAT bad. Even when using a navigation app, the charge lasts at least 6-7 hours. Perhaps it's your battery rather than a software problem. After jailbreaking, did you unlocked the phone with redsn0w? If so, there's a fix for that. Check the forums here or in Google. I am still in 4.1 and locked so the fix doesn't apply to my situation but maybe it can help you.
    12-29-2010 02:28 PM
    OMG , now I am feeling bad for complaining. My battery drain is bad but not THAT bad. Even when using a navigation app, the charge lasts at least 6-7 hours. Perhaps it's your battery rather than a software problem. After jailbreaking, did you unlocked the phone with redsn0w? If so, there's a fix for that. Check the forums here or in Google. I am still in 4.1 and locked so the fix doesn't apply to my situation but maybe it can help you.

@Pete, did this worked for you?
    12-31-2010 10:30 AM
    I think it's the push notifications as well. I turned them off for the day and my bat life was about 25% more.
    04-07-2011 11:58 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD