my home button not working, anything i can do about it. my daughter got a new 3gs an i kept her first one since i paid 5 bills for it. i dont have it activated but im able to surf, download games, text ect.. ect.. ect.. can i jail it so im able to use the phone? thanks
    12-16-2010 03:55 AM
    You should be able to find replacement parts on ebay or amazon and fix it yourself. Shouldn't be too hard. Here is one I found for $1.58.

Amazon.com: Original iPhone 3G Home Button + Flex Cable Repair Part: Electronics
    12-16-2010 11:05 AM
    If you're looking to Jailbreak it, and you can access Safari. Just hit up: JailbreakMe from Safari. Still works for the iPhone 2G, just make sure you download the PDF patch via Cydia afterwards to patch the exploit.

And if you're able to use the phone functions, you should be able to just pop your SIM card in and use the phone. Unless you're not on AT&T, in which case you would need to Jalkbreak & Unlock. If that's the case, I'd recommend RedSn0w, since it does both the Jailbreak & Unlock at the same time.
    Last edited by UhanRodric; 12-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    12-18-2010 09:26 AM
    If that's the case, I'd recommend RedSn0w, since it does both the Jailbreak & Unlock at the same time.
    A cool trick if you can't get into DFU mode is to get into recovery using tiny umbrella or recboot and use redsn0w version 0.9beta3 and choose option "already pwned".
    12-19-2010 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD