Paying, not paying...I don't really think either of these were the original point of this thread.....I want to say it's the usage of the term "almost" by Farbod on December 8th...

Why say anything at all? I could be wrong, but I think that's the only reason this thread exists anyway.

--Dev
    12-15-2010 03:16 PM
    oneself, for someone new to the game you are incredibly rude. While normally I wouldn't even dignify your comments with a response, all you have to do is search older jailbreak threads to see that I have donated to whichever dev released the jb.

As to the other nasty comments that nobody should ever make towards someone they don't know...don't ever question a teacher's or a soldier's sense of giving. Start now, you might approach my level by your next lifetime.
    During one part of your comment, you find it appalling that I "comment" on someone that I do not know, but yet, you attempt to stroke your own ego by comparing your "level" in life to mine. I find that very funny and yes, you fell for the bait.

You do not know me. If that is you in the photo, you have a many decades of age on me and from what I and others can tell, you are and I on the same website at the same time.... I'm not sure how you think you trump me with your many posts but if that makes you sleep better at night, that is great.
    Last edited by osensnolf; 12-15-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    12-15-2010 03:36 PM
    Paying, not paying...I don't really think either of these were the original point of this thread.....I want to say it's the usage of the term "almost" by Farbod on December 8th...

Why say anything at all? I could be wrong, but I think that's the only reason this thread exists anyway.

--Dev
    Your post is a perfect example as to why Alli is wrong when it comes to thinking that her posts count allows her to be superior over us.

You hit the nail on the head.

Don't say almost unless it means something. I respect Farbod a lot as he has given back to the community much more than many others, but I would prefer to not hear anything or a "they are working on it" update than an "almost". Imagine if Apple came to us with a, "The white iPhone is almost ready." This group would wet their pants thinking it was next week.
    Devorikk likes this.
    12-15-2010 03:39 PM
    LOL. I see this is all my fault. I see now that my post was probably a mistake. After speaking with some people who assured me that one way or another an untethered JB would be released over last weekend, I decided to post so that people who might upgrade out of impatience would hold off for a few more days...

There seemed to be some drama with SHAtter being leaked and released on pastie. As we all know, chronic dev team decided to hold off using SHAtter in the hopes that Apple wouldnt patch it for the iPad2/iPhone5 and we could already have an exploit in pocket. Well someone ruined all that by leaking it and cleaning up the mess sidetracked the plans for untethering 4.2.1.

I'll take it as lesson learned and not post this type of announcement again... Sorry if I caused anyone any anxiety
    12-15-2010 03:45 PM
    I think this is a perfect time for somebody to close this thread, it has gotten way out of hand.
    12-15-2010 06:27 PM
    I think this is a perfect time for somebody to close this thread, it has gotten way out of hand.
    Couldn't agree with you more. This thread has turned into nothing but a spitting match.

One member made a comment about TiPb being better than this, we are. Come on guys, the reason we are here is to help eachother out and discuss tech, if you're here to bicker and troll, take it elsewhere.

On that note, thread closed.
    12-15-2010 07:05 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD