HELP needed!!!

luiner

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
first of all I'd like to thank in advance to all of you who'll offer some sort of advice, I tried to jailbreak my iP4 using greenpoison, I did so without coming to the forums first (I actually had no idea of the forums existence), I must've done something wrong because the thing just went black, I went back to itunes and did everything I could to restore it, the thing worked and I used it for about 4-5 hrs no problems found, suddenly the signal dropped, which I didn't find strange but the wi-fi died too, I got a message that said "Iphone cannot make or recieve calls, please connect to itunes to restore" (or something similar) and during that -and the subsequent attemps to restor- I've been getting a 1611 error, I've tried to solve it with some info I've found online (deleting something in the host file and then entering dfu mode to restore) but it didn't work at all, I took it to my carrier company but I probably won't be getting any help from them and I'm just waiting 'til the "mac experts" send my phone back to try to solve it, so if you guys have any advice please do tell me what to do, thanks again.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
We need more information. What firm ware were you on before you jailbroke it. What firmware are you on now? Did you by any chance have your SHSH's saved?

luiner

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was on 4.1 (as it came from the carrier) and after the failed attemp I upgraded to 4.2.1 (itunes required) I didn't save anything and a massive noob in this thing (still have no idea what "SHSH" means)

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Is the phone now running 4.2.1? If yes, does it function like a stock iPhone? If yes too, are you trying to JB again?

luiner

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
yes, right b4 the crash it was running 4.2.1 (apple's legal version), could you explain what a "stock iphone" is? I think the thing is on recov. mode, doesn't do anything till connected to the pc, that's when the "connect to itunes" msg pops up, I'm not trying to jb again, I just want it to work JB or no JB

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Stock means non JB. Is the phone JB now? If yes, you should know a 4.2.1 JB IP4 will be tethered. A tethered JB means everytime the phone reboots, it will stuck in recovery mode, you will need to connect it to a computer and use Redsnow to restart the phone.

luiner

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks for explaining, after the failed JB the phone went back to normal, a friend and I even connected it to both mac and windows and didn't get the "gs.apple..xxxx" thingy on the host files, but does this redsnow thing applies? (because it kinda makes sense, even though the phone gave no signs of success with the JB), I used greenpoison to do it not redsnow

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You don't need to edit the host file or use Tinyumbrella since you are restoring to firmware Apple is still allowing, 4.2.1. And, I don't believe Greenpoison works on 4.2.1 firmware. You need to use Redsnow to JB and to reboot the tethered phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro