So I'm thinking about taking the plunge and jailbreaking my iPhone 4. If I were to do this, will my apps for MobileMe still work? I paid for a full year for that service. Also, what are the drawbacks if I were to jailbreak? Sorry, I'm a noob.
    12-12-2010 03:47 PM
    Everything will work the same... Please read my FAQ
    12-12-2010 03:54 PM
    So I'm thinking about taking the plunge and jailbreaking my iPhone 4. If I were to do this, will my apps for MobileMe still work? I paid for a full year for that service. Also, what are the drawbacks if I were to jailbreak? Sorry, I'm a noob.

the only drawback is installing too many JB-only apps that do processor intensive things or ones that have incompatibilities with one another. Start slow with what you install, little tweaks here and there. Usually, the for-pay apps (those with blue listings on Cydia) will be the most compatible with one another, or at least they will play nice.
    12-12-2010 09:18 PM
    MobileMe still work.
    Well, Farbod's FAQ give many details on jailbreaking.
    You also can read these articles on jailbreaking:
    5 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone - and 5 Reasons Not
    Why jailbreak and jailbreak solutions
    Why You Have to Jailbreak the iPhone 4 (or iOS 4)
    Alli likes this.
    12-12-2010 09:51 PM
    Yah farbods FAQ is KEY when you have a question or concern

And like macharborguy said.. Take it slow. If an app/tweak you install is found to cause issues(this will happen), you would just need to remove such app in cydia.

Be warned... Once free, you will prob never look back!
    farbod21 likes this.
    12-12-2010 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD