Post your lock screens or homescreens

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So, here's a current screenshot of what I'm working with now. Yes, I know its a mess. trying to get the theme right before I go moving icons to exactly where I want them. Here's what I've done, In a different theme, i've changed the background in iFile. Wasn't hard watching youtube!
This theme is xQuisite. I have a few questions. I would like to change the blue to a different color (pink). Now, I've tried it but the blue keeps mixing with the pink (half a button will be blue and half pink). In Winterboard, (forgive me for not using the correct terms) under select themes, Does it matter which order the checked themes and accessories are in? I found that when I move them and respring, it looks different!
Also, on this same theme, I have watched countless videos on getting the weather correct in my city. I can get clouds, and my screen was raining yesterday, but I can't get the city and actual weather to come up. I'm working on this as well.

For the icons, Yall were saying yall could change them. I like the icons in the little boxes they're in, but not always the picture. Is the picture/icon even able to be changed or will I need to change the way the boxes are shaped as well.

I'd like to change some of the SMS tones. I'll try to find your writeup on it, Ipheuria. And the lockscreen, well....I'll figure out how to change that too.
It will eventually come together to make me happy!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie are on a Mac? I used to use iPhone Browser loved it because all I needed was my USB cable but once I got my i4 on iOS 4 it never worked propely anymore. It never deleted stuff, I could only move one item then the window would go blank and I had to restart the application to do something else. It was SO much faster working in SSH. I don't know if it's a Mac thing or I have an old version.

Nope, PC with XP. My iPhone Browser is 1.9.3.0...started using it with my 3G, and it works now on my i4/4.3.3. Maybe it is a Mac thing?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, might as well. Put Weather Elements back on the iPhone. :)

WeatherElements.png

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So, here's a current screenshot of what I'm working with now. Yes, I know its a mess. trying to get the theme right before I go moving icons to exactly where I want them. Here's what I've done, In a different theme, i've changed the background in iFile. Wasn't hard watching youtube!
This theme is xQuisite. I have a few questions. I would like to change the blue to a different color (pink). Now, I've tried it but the blue keeps mixing with the pink (half a button will be blue and half pink). In Winterboard, (forgive me for not using the correct terms) under select themes, Does it matter which order the checked themes and accessories are in? I found that when I move them and respring, it looks different!
Also, on this same theme, I have watched countless videos on getting the weather correct in my city. I can get clouds, and my screen was raining yesterday, but I can't get the city and actual weather to come up. I'm working on this as well.

For the icons, Yall were saying yall could change them. I like the icons in the little boxes they're in, but not always the picture. Is the picture/icon even able to be changed or will I need to change the way the boxes are shaped as well.

I'd like to change some of the SMS tones. I'll try to find your writeup on it, Ipheuria. And the lockscreen, well....I'll figure out how to change that too.
It will eventually come together to make me happy!

I might be able to answer a couple of your questions and I'm sure that others will chime in with additional help.

First, I have a question. You said that you want to change the blue to pink. What is it that you want to change? The status-bar icons?

As for Winterboard, the order of your checked themes/accessories does matter. In general, the items closest to the top of the list override the items below. All of my theme "tweaks" and accessories are at the top of the Winterboard list, and always on top of the actual theme. Sometimes just playing around with the order of things can fix the little things that you can't seem to get working.

As for the weather, are you using a weather that is associated with your theme or something like WeatherIcon? In general, you need to get in to the weather's configuration file (something like "Config.js") and edit the line that reads var locale = .

The trick is that the weather configuration file can be in two places within a theme, sometimes you need to use quote-marks around the information, sometimes you need to use semiquote-marks around the information, sometimes you have to enter your ZIP code, sometimes you have to enter your Yahoo location code, and sometimes you have to spell out your city, state. You also need to determine what weather provider is being used---it's usually Yahoo weather or AccuWeather. How you enter your location depends on the weather provider. Again, it's often a lot of trial and error, at least for me.

I change my icons using Adobe Photoshop. I grab the icon from the theme via OpenSSH and YummyFTP and put it on my desktop. From there I edit it with Photoshop and save it back to my desktop with the same file name as the original (a .png file, always make sure that it matches the original's name exactly, including the case being used). I then add a zero to the end of the icon's .png file on my iPhone so I can always go back to the original and then I drag the edited icon back in to the same location. I respring and voile, a new icon.

I would guess that other people use other ways of doing things, but this is how it works for me. I have an iMac, not a PC, so that affects the methods that I use to access my iPhone's files.

It sounds like you're making progress with finding your way around the file system and making some changes. There will come a time when all of a sudden everything just clicks in your brain and it all falls in to place.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks mededitor. The pink is another addon for this theme. It makes everything you see blue, pink. I'm thinking it's an order thing or I need to disable another addon.

As far as the weather, I need to look into it more to try to figure it out. I now have weather elements for my lockscreen & am happy with it.
I would still like to play with icons. I'll look into changing the icons like you did. I have a pc not a Mac so I might need to do some file searching.

jekslee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally came true with the help of PerPage widgets (free on Cydia)

(can't insert image due to <10 posts)

My icons are from the Winterboard theme 'HTC Froyo' - still looking for retina-quality android icons...

Finally I can insert my Springboard image

HTCperpage%2BScrnshot.png

Check out my full report here.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
About to test changing the default sms tones through my theme :D then I wouldn't need to use BiteSMS for the ringtones. I'll post up how it goes!

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too sure what this theme is called, the website I got it from called it "rain", but after I did the SSH to put it on my iPhone, in winterboard it was called Morina Lockscreen.

PhotoMay2531646AM.png

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering about the font as well. Hmmm... more stuff to look into..
So, Ipheuria, how did your SMS tones come out?

Edited to say - I've just tried Fontswap and Comic Sans (without Fontswap) and i'm unable to get them to install.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
JonMark, those Lockscreens look pretty sweet. almost makes me want to start up winterboard again haha!

i love the Joyful Juliana font as well.. anyone interested in changing fonts search Cydia for bytafont and here for a preview of various fonts

Reactions: Ariyala

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
installing it now! thank yall. And I have a few backgrounds to play with, I can't wait to get it together to post!! :)

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 4.3.3 and if you're talking about the fonts, yes. Joyful Juliana with bytafont works perfectly. Not sure about the lockscreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2