Post your lock screens or homescreens

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Those icons took some work lol. All of them didn't come with the original theme. I just happened to find an extra icon pack for the theme online. Overall, I do like it. I love the mail icon :)

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
After hours of trial and error along with pacing around my office, I finally got the weather icons (day and night) changed to match my current theme! :D

I'm using UINique as my base theme with several tweaks. I really like the shape of the icons, but for some reason the weather icon (the stock weather icon [always showing 73-degrees and sunny] with the WeatherIcon overlay, which substitutes live weather details to the static icon) wouldn't convert to match the theme.

In the overall scheme of things, it's relatively unimportant but it was making me crazy. I used iFile so I could image just about every .png file that had to do with weather and finally found the location of the weather icons that needed to be changed: /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard/weatherbg@2x.png and /weatherbg_night@2x.png.

I used PhotoShop to copy one of the UINique icons and changed the icon graphic to match a night and a day weather icon (I'm not sure where I got them). I renamed the original icons just in case it didn't work and SSHd in the two new images with the correct names. Voile! It finally worked and I have my weather icons matching the theme.

The trick was finding the spot where the current weather icon graphics were stored (that was what took so much time, they weren't where I would have even thought to look, but I was determined to view every .png file I could find) and then properly renaming the new icons that I created. Out of habit I added ~iphone to the names so the revision didn't work at first---that was a definite "duh" moment! :eek:

Here's the revised homescreen with the new nighttime weather icon.

Dude, I followed your instructions to a T, and I got a new weather icon :) so I must say thanks for an awesome job. I would have never figured it out.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
In landscape mode. The one I chose for night time was the aqua, and daytime its like a laser red...

IMG_0548.png

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I followed your instructions to a T, and I got a new weather icon :) so I must say thanks for an awesome job. I would have never figured it out.

I'm glad that I was able to help someone, I've gotten so much help from so many people here.

Like I said, I finally found them by viewing every .png file I could find via iFile, I never would have looked where I found them. The iPhone sure has an "interesting" file system! :eek:

By the way, I really like how you set-up your theme, it looks great.

It's kind of interesting that none of us seem to be sticking to any one set-up for any length of time. We just keep tinkering away...

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much. I went back in and used the laser red background as both my night and day background so now it doesn't change colors. Just the sun and moon change, which I like.

Reactions: mededitor

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. I went back in and used the laser red background as both my night and day background so now it doesn't change colors. Just the sun and moon change, which I like.

I really like that idea and just did the same thing. I know when it's daytime versus nighttime (at least usually :) ).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner