Post your lock screens or homescreens

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
After hours of trial and error along with pacing around my office, I finally got the weather icons (day and night) changed to match my current theme! :D

I'm using UINique as my base theme with several tweaks. I really like the shape of the icons, but for some reason the weather icon (the stock weather icon [always showing 73-degrees and sunny] with the WeatherIcon overlay, which substitutes live weather details to the static icon) wouldn't convert to match the theme.

In the overall scheme of things, it's relatively unimportant but it was making me crazy. I used iFile so I could image just about every .png file that had to do with weather and finally found the location of the weather icons that needed to be changed: /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard/weatherbg@2x.png and /weatherbg_night@2x.png.

I used PhotoShop to copy one of the UINique icons and changed the icon graphic to match a night and a day weather icon (I'm not sure where I got them). I renamed the original icons just in case it didn't work and SSHd in the two new images with the correct names. Voile! It finally worked and I have my weather icons matching the theme.

The trick was finding the spot where the current weather icon graphics were stored (that was what took so much time, they weren't where I would have even thought to look, but I was determined to view every .png file I could find) and then properly renaming the new icons that I created. Out of habit I added ~iphone to the names so the revision didn't work at first---that was a definite "duh" moment! :eek:

Here's the revised homescreen with the new nighttime weather icon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icyhot1966

lkexby

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
1299979250.png

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to get rid of the white boxes and boarder shown here. Anyone know how? I already have a custom theme so i can add files to it i just need to know what.

62e7ef98-528f-7255.jpg

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Those images are way way too big.

Here's how to make your own carrier icons..

place them in: System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle

Default_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is in color/black)
FSO_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is white)

You want an image around 60 x 40 pixels in size..

Redbeard, why the hell isn't there one for Verizon :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
IcyHot there are ones for Verizon you have to SSH in to your phone to the location he gave you System/Library/Carrier Bundles and scroll past all the folders and go to V and you should see Verizon_US I'm guessing. Then go in there and see what the files are called there are two. Once you know the name of the containing folder and the name of the files follow redbeard's steps just substitute the Verizon info where he has AT&T. The Default file is the light color icon for black or dark colored taskbar and the FSO icon is the dark color icon for light colored taskbar. redbeard is on 4.2 and Verizon didn't come out till 4.2.6 so only the Verizon phones or any phones on 4.3 will have the carrier bundle for Verizon.

Bamf-Hacker check back tomorrow I will check in the springboard to see what th name of the file is and post up for you. Then you would edit the file to make it transparent in your image editor. Then it probably goes in the UIImages or the Bundles\com.apple.springboard folder. I'll let you know which one.

Mededitor the student has become the master :D I just got back on the site glad to see you put it together. I actually upgraded to 4.3 on my phone so all my theming now is done on my iPad. I think I'm gonna try your theme on it tommorow.

Ikexby you have alot of really sweet lockscreens I gotta find out the names of some of them.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
really?? that's really weird. OK try this use Bundle\com.apple.Unknown and put the AT&T files in there. Then edit them with your image and name them changing the AT&T to VERIZON in the names. If that doesn't work try com.apple.VERIZON_US but that's the last shot.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Bamf-Hacker check back tomorrow I will check in the springboard to see what th name of the file is and post up for you. Then you would edit the file to make it transparent in your image editor. Then it probably goes in the UIImages or the Bundles\com.apple.springboard folder. I'll let you know which one.

Thanks buddy, but I found the images for the boxes.

Now I need help finding the background behind the text and the background where the white boxes were.

62e7ef98-90bb-2c0f.jpg

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
BAMF send me the location where you found the boxes that you removed. Then with both of us working on it we'll figure it out.

:D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:
I am so overjoyed right now, my struggle with the default icons have come to an end. Things to watch out for if you're trying to change icons that just wont change. The case of the icon's name has to be correct, so for instance I had icon instead of Icon. The case of the folder name matters I had com.apple.voices and it is com.apple.Voices if you want all the steps to figuring out how to make the icons let me know. Anyone who says JB is no fun is a FOOL, I'm so addicted to theming now LOL I absolutely LOVE my iPad right now.

You might remember a couple pages back I couldn't get the Voices, Garageband or iPod icons to change ;) well F U Apple LOL
img00411.png

Last edited:

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
BAMF send me the location where you found the boxes that you removed. Then with both of us working on it we'll figure it out.

:D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:
I am so overjoyed right now, my struggle with the default icons have come to an end. Things to watch out for if you're trying to change icons that just wont change. The case of the icon's name has to be correct, so for instance I had icon instead of Icon. The case of the folder name matters I had com.apple.voices and it is com.apple.Voices if you want all the steps to figuring out how to make the icons let me know. Anyone who says JB is no fun is a FOOL, I'm so addicted to theming now LOL I absolutely LOVE my iPad right now.

You might remember a couple pages back I couldn't get the Voices, Garageband or iPod icons to change ;) well F U Apple LOL

It's amazing how much the the case used in the naming of icons and folders can be the difference between success and failure. Just like we learned (well, you learned and taught me :) ), according to iPhone there is a big difference between .PNG and .png.

By the way, you have a beautiful iPad theme. How long before you'll be changing it around again? :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's amazing how much the the case used in the naming of icons and folders can be the difference between success and failure. Just like we learned (well, you learned and taught me :) ), according to iPhone there is a big difference between .PNG and .png.

By the way, you have a beautiful iPad theme. How long before you'll be changing it around again? :D

lol yeah I know but Apple are real pains because most of the icons use an uppercase and then there are a few sprinkled around that use lower case Ughhhh LOL change it now way I'm not even started yet. I'm changing every icon to match the theme. Then after that I'm going to customize all the other elements so I'm about 10% done right now.