Post your lock screens or homescreens

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I thought custom keyboards were a no-go on iOS 4.x? Any chance I've overlooked a black keyboard a la the MacBook Pro?

I loved that one on my 3G, unfortunately it hasn't been updated for the iP4 so it looks like crap, there are some pretty nice ones out there though, and more are on the way. Mine is from the "Uinique" theme.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll leave it alone now :) got rid of the shadows on the icons and I am happy.

IMG_0473.png

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The OS must be pulling the f'ing icons from somewhere. I have the correct folder name in my theme. The correct icon names, I flushed the icon cache and even flushed it manually. I finally got fed up and replaced the icon files in the .app folder and still it will not change grrrrrr

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The OS must be pulling the f'ing icons from somewhere. I have the correct folder name in my theme. The correct icon names, I flushed the icon cache and even flushed it manually. I finally got fed up and replaced the icon files in the .app folder and still it will not change grrrrrr

If you replaced them in the .app folder and the old ones ares still showing, then the issues has to be a cache issue... or the fact that they are just plain stubborn.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the only problem is I don't know where the hell they are being pulled from, I swear I'm pulling my hair out. They are the Apple apps (Voices and Garageband) so the freaking buggers must have hidden it somewhere. I emptied the icon cache both with an app and manually. So I really don't understand why they are so freaking stubborn. :(

BTW IcyHot that homescreen looks saweet good work man :D

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
No sir I didn't. It's straight out of the CarbonX HD Pro theme.

@Ipheuria, thanks man but there was no way I could have EVER done it without everyone's help. Did the link I sent you in the email work?? And I thought this CarbonX Pro theme had another alternate keyboard.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
By fixed, what do you mean. The shadows gone?? Because the same icon is in the free version too. But on the website it told me which icons to rename to get rid of the shadow.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you renamed the files did the stock icons change at all? I think it's the usual fix I think but the by product is stock icons become square instead of rounded.

Well I'm going to try one more thing with the stock icons to get them to change. The stock icons are a different size than my custom icon. So I'm going to resize them so that the custom ones are the exact same. If that doesn't work I'm going to customize all the other icons and come back to the stock ones after. However I don't care if I have to tear the OS apart I'm going to change them :mad:

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
My friend, you are determined!! And yes, my Scrabble icon lost it's rounded corners that I had achieved. Made me mad. So I changed that icon to one that was in the theme.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol yes I am because it will break my theme if there is one icon that doesn't have the same look. Yeah if you have all custom icons then the fix is great. I honestly don't know why some icons are just so damn hard to change.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
By fixed, what do you mean. The shadows gone?? Because the same icon is in the free version too. But on the website it told me which icons to rename to get rid of the shadow.

but that would still involve the non-themed icons to show up squared without rounded corners... got it. hate it

thank you sir!

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I loved my custom theme (thanks to Ipheuria), but I wanted to change things up a bit. Of course, I still have my original custom theme saved because I'll go back to it at some point.

I used UNIque as my theme base, primarily for the icon shapes, which I really like. Two icons didn't take on the new shape and I was able to change one of them by following the directions provided by a few of you (Ipheuria, BLiNK, and Hank). :D I created the "MP" (MyProfiles) icon in my dock and I was absolutely amazed when it worked.

The only icon I can't seem to change is the weather icon. I'm using "WeatherIcon" from ModMyi, which puts live weather details on top of the stock weather icon (I got tired of seeing 70-degrees and sunny while we were in the midst of a blizzard). Finding the proper files to customize to the new icon shape is difficult because I'm not sure which "Weather" folders/icons to use, but I'll keep working on it.

I'm also using i4 Invisible Unlock Tap for the unlock screen because I'd like to avoid the long fingerprint across the screen protector every time I unlock the phone.

In the meantime, I'm happy with the results and thrilled that I was able to change the "MyProfiles" icon shape. Everyone here is absolutely amazing, without this group I would never have the guts or the knowledge to do these customizations---I don't even know if I would have jailbroken without so many of you sharing your knowledge.

Thank you to everyone, this forum is absolutely amazing!

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
MedEditor love the theme :D nice work. You're looking for the name of the folder and icon for th stock weather icon?

I'm not sure. :confused:

If I understand WeatherIcon correctly, it's sort of an overlay for the stock weather icon that provides real weather information instead of having it always 70-degrees and sunny. So I'm not sure if I need the stock weather icon, the icon for WeatherIcon, or both.

The naming conventions are similar (I think), so that's only adding to my confusion (which is easy to do :) ). I'd like to change the shape of the icon to match the theme, but I don't want to do it at the expense of the icon not working, I like having the actual weather on the icon.

You know me, I'm easily confused... :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol well if the icon is just a png file it's static. Just like how the calendar icon has the updated date on it but the image of the calendar can be changed. Besides you wouldn't edit it without having a backup of the original. The WeatherIcon icon has the same name as the stock icon because it's supposed to replace it through the theme.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure. :confused:

If I understand WeatherIcon correctly, it's sort of an overlay for the stock weather icon that provides real weather information instead of having it always 70-degrees and sunny. So I'm not sure if I need the stock weather icon, the icon for WeatherIcon, or both.

The naming conventions are similar (I think), so that's only adding to my confusion (which is easy to do :) ). I'd like to change the shape of the icon to match the theme, but I don't want to do it at the expense of the icon not working, I like having the actual weather on the icon.

You know me, I'm easily confused... :D

I had the same problem with Uinique, but it only happened at night, turned out it was missing one of the icons for the night weathericon, so I just copied the one that was in the file and named it correctly and it fixed the problem.

You can find it at the bottom of this folder >> UINique.theme\Bundles\com.apple.springboard

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
lol well if the icon is just a png file it's static. Just like how the calendar icon has the updated date on it but the image of the calendar can be changed. Besides you wouldn't edit it without having a backup of the original. The WeatherIcon icon has the same name as the stock icon because it's supposed to replace it through the theme.

You're right, I will have the originals backed up so I can't do too much damage. Now I'm determined to fix this icon, it's the only one left that didn't take on the new icon shape of the theme. I'm not sure why because other Cydia programs changed just fine, with the exception of "MyProfiles," which was a relatively easy fix---thanks to all of your previous hand-holding. ;)

I had the same problem with Uinique, but it only happened at night, turned out it was missing one of the icons for the night weathericon, so I just copied the one that was in the file and named it correctly and it fixed the problem.

You can find it at the bottom of this folder >> UINique.theme\Bundles\com.apple.springboard

Thanks, redbeard. There are so many weather icons in various places that I wasn't sure where to get the correct one.

Ipheuria and/or redbeard, would I make the shape changes to both weatherbg@2x~iphone.png and weatherbg_night@2x~iphone.png?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro