Post your lock screens or homescreens

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So, for those of you who were asking questions about this, the version of LS Nimbus I had found actually came with it. I don't remember exactly where I got it, so I've uploaded my modded file.

LS NimbusMod

For the notifications to show up, LockInfo is needed, and for the notifications to be positioned correctly, I believe you need to go into the LockInfo settings and slide the position bar all the way left (after enabling the "Hide Lock Clock" setting).

For changing the weather, search for the "fetchWeatherData" function in the "LockBackground.html" file. One of the first lines in that function will have a "zip=95926". Change the "95926" to your zip code.

I changed the value of locale (line 167) in the LockBackground.html fil to my city, state and that updated the weather data for me.

And altered the value of padding-top (line 7) in the Bundles/com.ashman.Lockinfo/css/structure.css to lower the notifications to the correct placement for my altered screen.

Also, after some more digging, it looks like the code for the notifications alters the way the LockInfo content is displayed. When this theme is active, even the InfoShade screen only shows the notifications... so I'll be digging through that today to try to find the code and see if i can tweak it to show some additional information on the lockscreen and the infoshade screen... I'd like to see the notification, calendar detail and favorites as well as the notifications...

stay tuned...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw that too HankAZ. The icons were just a bit too low (I think 155 fixed it for me). But then I had the same issue with LockInfo on the SB and LS being the same which makes it not useful there on the SB.

I do like some of the color scheme changes it has in it and the look on the LS is just terrific.

I moved the two parts of the data (temp, icon and time; and day, month and date) all the way down on the lockscreen, so I had to use 333 for the padding-top... but I moved those things down to make room for some of the lockinfo data (favorites, notifications, calendar detail). With the notification icons, moving stuff down was for naught as I can't get both to appear (yet) on the lockscreen... but I will continue to look at it and see if I can get it the way I want it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Damn, Hank. you have taken this theming thing to another whole level. Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words, BLiNK, but you may have me confused with someone who knows what they are doing! :) I just found something I liked and started poking around... lots to learn... and when you learn something, that just leads to more to learn!

Here's where I am in the project... but still want to add at least the Favorites from LockInfo to this screen if I can figure it out... going to check with Lexs1411 that Massie found and see if there's anything that she is doing that could make it work...

View attachment 8319

Last edited:

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words, BLiNK, but you may have me confused with someone who knows what they are doing! :) I just found something I like and started poking around... lots to learn... and when you learn something, that just leads to more to learn!

Here's where I am in the project... but still want to add at least the Favorites from LockInfo to this screen if I can figure it out... going to check with Lexs1411 that Massie found and see if there's anything that she is doing that could make it work...

View attachment 8319

What happens when you tap on this icon alerts when there are items in them? Do you have options to handle them from the home screen?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's part of the issue... they are information only...not "clickable" links like with the other version(s) of the Lockinfo screen...

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
photo-2.png

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I got a question. I love some of the icons in certain icon packs, and not fond of others. I wonder how I would go about making my own icon pack with a mixture of icons. Is it complicated lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I got a question. I love some of the icons in certain icon packs, and not fond of others. I wonder how I would go about making my own icon pack with a mixture of icons. Is it complicated lol

nope you just ssh in to your phone to the var/stash/Themes folder and download the themes to your computer. You will find either a folder with the theme structure inside or you will find a .theme file. If you have a .theme file I usually create a folder with the same name then right click the .theme file and select show package contents. Then you can copy the contents to your folder you created. Then create a new folder with whatever name you want to give your theme and copy from the theme folder to your folder keeping the same structure. Go through this tutorial Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

Knowing how to make your own theme translates into customizing themes into your own. I usually incorporate different things into my theme to minimize the different options in Winterboard. So I will incorporate sliders, no cam sound, black scroll bars, etc. I put them all together into my custom theme to simplify Winterboard selections.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
See, I like this set up.....the icons are from the CarbonX icon packs (there are several of them)

IMG_0401.png

But I like the mail icon in the jPhone theme that you told me abouth. This one...

IMG_0289.png

I wish I could get the mail icon into the carbonX icon packs lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
follow my instructions above and what you do is look inside the Carbon X folder you will see Bundles\com.apple.mobilemail you should see the same folder in the jphone folder just drag the icon@2x.png into the CarbonX. Then SSH the com.apple.mobilemail folder in Carbon X to your phone under var/stash/themes into the Carbon X /Bundles and then go into Winterboard de-select Carbon X then re-select it and respring. Also can you email me the Carbon X folder you have? I don't have the Twitter icon :( also go take a look in my Theming Tips thread the last entry I made will help you get rid of the shadows behind the icons in your dock.

PS
Also you should try going into the Folders in CarbonX on your phone and rename the MobileIcons.Framework folder. This will make your stock icons not so square with shadows. If you don't like how it looks just rename the folder back to what it was before.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iPad Theme

We don't see too many iPad themes so I thought I'd post up mine so far. I just started playing with it today. What I usually do is combine themes I like to form a custom theme while I work on my own themes. So here is my custom theme for now I'll say which themes I used to make it up.

img0002df.png

img0003f.png
(Notice the greek symbol for the carrier logo)

img0004y.png

Lockscreen - Sliders: A better Tap to unlock(iPhone 4 theme)
Homescreen and icons - It's a mixture of My own custom icons, Carbon X, iQ Brushed iPad and A I R iPad

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
You want me to email you the Twitter icon, or the entire folder? Its not in the CarbonX theme folder, its in another icon folder. Just PM me your email addy and I will send it to you.