Post your lock screens or homescreens

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Dude that was it HOWEVER...something must have changed. Before, it was always that bell with a little line through it, unless I have lost my mind lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ipheuria, that icon for Twitter was one of the CarbonX icons, that got changed once I added the icon pack you told me about, the one that had that black mailbox for the email. And dude, nooooooo I didn't get anything on how to remove those shadows. I sure would love to. You are talking about the black box around certain icons, correct??

First if you've applied the Carbon X theme there's something the Dev implimented that takes the shadow away but makes stock icons sqaure instead of rounded. I think you have that so to get rid of that you have to SSH into the Carbon X theme and remove the MainIconFrame or something like that I'm sure someone will correct me or you'll find it. Then once you do that perhaps BLiNK will tell you the files you gotta rename to get the shadow to go away for icons that aren't square on the dock.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie, what device do you have?

I'm on an iP4 running 4.1. If you're wondering why I haven't upgraded to the new release, it's because I just spent a bunch of time theming Lockinfo and am too lazy to start over now that the new release has changed the file setup...

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Dude that was it HOWEVER...something must have changed. Before, it was always that bell with a little line through it, unless I have lost my mind lol

Icyhot1966, my apologies. the silent icon does indeed have a line through the bell.. still! so now, i'm not sure what the heck it is!

Anybody wanna take a stab and tell me WTF this icon by my battery is?? It just came up tonight lol

IMG_0289.png

Last edited:

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
@ Blink, no my friend you are correct. When I flip the silent switch to on, the icon goes away. When I flip it off, the bell comes back with no line through it. Very interesting!! @ P0stal....the background is a picture I took of some clouds here one day. Using a lot of the CarbonX HD icons along with some jPhone icons. I am not as creative as some of you guys, but hey its good enough for me. You guys are brilliant!!

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
After some messing around with stuff this morning, I was able to get the HTC Clock (w/weather) to display properly on the Homescreen. One screen to rule them all :D Only downside is that every time I respring, it kicks all icons and folders to an empty screen for some reason.

I can live with that though, as I can move them right back, and I won't be respsringing much whenever in normal use (once things are set like I like them).

Special thanks to BLiNK ;)

fb734cd0.jpg

Last edited:

ARSkemp

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hank, It'd be great if you find the icon set like the below for LockInfo. I'm assuming it's some kinda of theme for LI but can't find it anywhere.

Capture.PNG

Thanks BLiNK .. You've been a huge help to me I know and a lot of folks here.

So, for those of you who were asking questions about this, the version of LS Nimbus I had found actually came with it. I don't remember exactly where I got it, so I've uploaded my modded file.

LS NimbusMod

The only difference between this one and the original I had downloaded was that originally the time was positioned a little lower on the lockscreen and the notification icons were located above the time. If anyone wants the original I can take a look and see if I can find it as well.

For the notifications to show up, LockInfo is needed, and for the notifications to be positioned correctly, I believe you need to go into the LockInfo settings and slide the position bar all the way left (after enabling the "Hide Lock Clock" setting).

For changing the weather, search for the "fetchWeatherData" function in the "LockBackground.html" file. One of the first lines in that function will have a "zip=95926". Change the "95926" to your zip code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fausty82

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So, for those of you who were asking questions about this, the version of LS Nimbus I had found actually came with it. I don't remember exactly where I got it, so I've uploaded my modded file.

LS NimbusMod

The only difference between this one and the original I had downloaded was that originally the time was positioned a little lower on the lockscreen and the notification icons were located above the time. If anyone wants the original I can take a look and see if I can find it as well.

For the notifications to show up, LockInfo is needed, and for the notifications to be positioned correctly, I believe you need to go into the LockInfo settings and slide the position bar all the way left (after enabling the "Hide Lock Clock" setting).

For changing the weather, search for the "fetchWeatherData" function in the "LockBackground.html" file. One of the first lines in that function will have a "zip=95926". Change the "95926" to your zip code.

ARSkemp, you are definitely "The Man"! Thanks again.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
One question: with the lockinfo notification theme on LS Nimbus, can you also have a "regular" lockinfo layout on your homescreen and/or infoshade? My first run-through gave me just the notification icons on all screens...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Poking around, I found the settings to move the notification icons up/down:
  1. EDIT /Bundles/com.ashman.Lockinfo/css/structure.css
  2. Change the value of padding-top (line 7) - the larger the number the lower on the screen the info appears
  3. After saving the file, replace the structure.css file on the phone in the Themes folder
  4. You MUST respring to make the changed .css settings effective

Apparently using this version with the LockInfo stuff built in, causes the LockInfo screen to NOT work. It's late and my eyes are glazing over trying to figure it out... will try again tomorrow when the brain is fresh :)

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Poking around, I found the settings to move the notification icons up/down:
  1. EDIT /Bundles/com.ashman.Lockinfo/css/structure.css
  2. Change the value of padding-top (line 7) - the larger the number the lower on the screen the info appears
  3. After saving the file, replace the structure.css file on the phone in the Themes folder
  4. You MUST respring to make the changed .css settings effective

Apparently using this version with the LockInfo stuff built in, causes the LockInfo screen to NOT work. It's late and my eyes are glazing over trying to figure it out... will try again tomorrow when the brain is fresh :)

I saw that too HankAZ. The icons were just a bit too low (I think 155 fixed it for me). But then I had the same issue with LockInfo on the SB and LS being the same which makes it not useful there on the SB.

I do like some of the color scheme changes it has in it and the look on the LS is just terrific.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods