Post your lock screens or homescreens

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
photo-1.png

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is why I like to incorporate most of my changes into one theme. Hank can you send me all your themes so i can look at the structure and try to combine them. I can't really visualize what you mean.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is why I like to incorporate most of my changes into one theme. Hank can you send me all your themes so i can look at the structure and try to combine them. I can't really visualize what you mean.

I'll get it zipped up and emailed to you...

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Transparent Folders(Maybe I'll see if someone wants to host it on Cydia?)
Instead of copying the info I'll link to the info about changing the folder and folder background here.

You'll need the original folder icon or you can use the one from whatever theme you have if it has one. Then open it in an image editor I use Photoshop but I've heard GIMP is a free alternative. The folder icon is called FolderIconBG~iphone.png then you can select everything within the silver ring in photoshop you can use the magic wand it's very easy. Then use the Background eraser and clear just one spot once you do that hitting delete will clear everything within the selection leaving it transparent. If you don't use the background eraser it will just erase to white leaving a white background. Once you've got it the way you want save it and apply your theme. :D If any of you want it since I've already altered it shoot me a PM or email.

Thank you so much for the tutorial on how to re-image a folder. I have a related question that I hope you can answer. I already have transparent folders with a gray frame, which I like, but I'd love the option to (1) add a blue background and/or (2) add a blue frame to the transparent background.

I've tried a few Cydia apps, but none of the ones that work with my iPhone 4 (4.2.6) have a blue background or frame. I don't care about how the folder looks when it's opened, I want to tweak the image of the folder on my screen.

I've attached screenshots of of what I'd like to achieve (circled in red), how my current folders look, and the iFile list of icons related to OverBoard (the icon I have circled in red on the other screenshot). I was wondering if one of those might be related to the actual icon colorization so I could just copy it to my other folders.

I haven't done anything with iFile yet---I've gotten the hang of using Cydia and Winterboard, but I haven't had the need to use iFile...until now.

Any help would be much appreciated!

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Update to my message above.

I followed your instructions to other posters and your link to hackthatphone, and I was able to change the background to my folder icons! Thank you so much.

All I had to do was edit one of the folder-icon backgrounds that I had downloaded from Cydia but that didn't work. I found the correct files iFile and simply added ~iphone to the file string. Voile, it worked! :D

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the TiPb community, it's truly appreciated.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
going with the stock approach for a little bit, with the exception of..

LiveClock Dark | Better White Icon Labels | FolderEnhancer
SpringClean | Clear Folder Background | Transparent Dock (4.2.1)
:D

21pvdl.jpg

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Update to my message above.

I followed your instructions to other posters and your link to hackthatphone, and I was able to change the background to my folder icons! Thank you so much.

All I had to do was edit one of the folder-icon backgrounds that I had downloaded from Cydia but that didn't work. I found the correct files iFile and simply added ~iphone to the file string. Voile, it worked! :D

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the TiPb community, it's truly appreciated.

No prob man sorry I didn't get back to you faster. I put my email address you should shoot me a PM or email next time it'll be faster response sometimes. BLiNK have you tried the CarbonX theme?

Reactions: mededitor

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
^^^^^I like I like :)
Hank no word from you how did it go with the themes I sent you back?

Thanks for the help... it looks pretty good... I've been tweaking a few more new icons... and will try to roll them into the theme files... but what you sent back is pretty much exactly what I was looking for... appreciate the help.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
New question... is there a known issue with the font sizes on the Typophone lockscreen theme/app or is it something I am doing/have done? The text runs off both the left and right edges just a tad... at first I thought it was kind of different, but it's starting to annoy... and I notice that not all of the screen shots are that way...

Any clues how to fix it?

Last edited:

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
New question... is there a known issue with the font sizes on the Typophone lockscreen theme/app or is it something I am doing/have done? The text runs off both the left and right edges just a tad... at first I thought it was kind of different, but it's starting to annoy... and I notice that not all of the screen shots are that way...

Any clues how to fix it?

That's how the theme is. I had it a while ago and that's just the way it is.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that's one of the unique characteristics of the Typophone theme

there are tutorials/mods out there to change it so it can all fit

Massie posted something about it a while back, maybe he can again??

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was playing around with the folder background and the folder border thought you guys might like to see.

img0223i.png

img0224.png

I still have to fix the background inside the folder once it expands I want to take the ridges away. I wanted to have the ridges act like drawers for the icons but I'll have to play with that so for now I'm just going to get rid of them till it's finalized.
Edited
img0227.png

It's not the final but this isn't even my theme it's my testing theme so I don't think I'm going to spend time on it now.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For the typophone thing, you should just be able to edit the time in the CSS file to change widths.

For the other things look in the HTML file for the img width values and try adjusting those.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR