Post your lock screens or homescreens

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I got the theme working nicely! I followed the instructions and renamed the file and all looked good. From what I can tell you have to download the extra Icons from the google docs page? Im guessing you have to ssh the icons into a folder?Which folder do they go into?

var>stash>Themes>Glasklart HD icons

make sure you thoroughly look in this folder. a lot are made already they might just have to be named correctly. if you do not find the one you need in the folder or google docs, the Dev does take requests in that massive thread i posted earlier

Also here's my lock screen and home screen....

lookin' good! the new LockInfo is simply Epic

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Now this is going to bug me. I'll look into it, but another idea would be to get in touch with the creator of the Carbon X theme--didn't you say earlier that you were using some of his icons, which don't seem to have that problem?

If you hear anything, let us know!

i will be emailing the Dev for sure

One more question: are you talking about a shadow that's always behind the odd-shaped icon, or one that only shows up when you press on the icon? See this thread for a possibility.

I think both you and Ipheuria might get a lot out of this thread over at modmyi. A lot being discussed, including icon shadows and Ipheuria's elusive stock icon replacements...

definitely the shadowing behind certain icons before pressed. i searched for days trying to figure out the shadowing when pressed, literally. finally came to terms that it could not be done and after reading that last link you provided, that is the case..
OK guys I've done some testing.

Bad news: If you want auto create icons on 4.2.1 WITH NO "pressed icon image" you CAN'T!!!

What I believe Crapple has done is fuse the "IconDarkeningOverlay.png" with the "AppIconMask.png"*. The "WHITE" area on the AppIconMask.png (ie the part of the icon that is NOT being masked) turns into the semi-transparent black "shape" (I say "shape" because it depends on what your AppIconMask.png is) that comes up when you press an icon.

If any finds a way around or would like to correct me feel free. But for me I believe it is a dead end as for now.

*this explains why i could never find the IconDarkeningOverlay.png file :mad:

glad you posted that cause now my obsession can finally stop with that :)

anyways, thanks for the time & effort looking into this and the very useful links you have provided (they have been bookmarked!)

i will update this portion of the thread when i find a fix

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One more question: are you talking about a shadow that's always behind the odd-shaped icon, or one that only shows up when you press on the icon? See this thread for a possibility.

I think both you and Ipheuria might get a lot out of this thread over at modmyi. A lot being discussed, including icon shadows and Ipheuria's elusive stock icon replacements...

Man, I screwed up royally... I misread that thread and deleted the ENTIRE /var/mobile/Library/Cachescache folder, not just the com.apple.IconsCache.

Now most of my icons are now the blank white boxes regardless of the theme... fixing to restore and re-jailbreak...

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Man, I screwed up royally... I misread that thread and deleted the ENTIRE /var/mobile/Library/Cachescache folder, not just the com.apple.IconsCache.

Now most of my icons are the blank white boxes regardless of the theme... fixing to restore and re-jailbreak...

OUCH. Lesson learned: always, always, create a backup before deleting/overwriting anything. In fact, iPhonebrowser does this by default; on the off chance you're using that it might be something you can restore.

Edit: another idea...are you sure those icons won't come back with use and/or an iTunes sync? Did you try opening anything? Restoring is always a final option for me.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OUCH. Lesson learned: always, always, create a backup before deleting/overwriting anything. In fact, iPhonebrowser does this by default; on the off chance you're using that it might be something you can restore.

Edit: another idea...are you sure those icons won't come back with use and/or an iTunes sync? Did you try opening anything? Restoring is always a final option for me.

Yeah, I tried the sync and opening stuff... even tried installing a new theme... no dice... and no, no iPhonebrowser... iFile... I am screwed... so... I went through the Cydia app installed stuff (manage) and did screen prints and synced the photos with my MBP...

Biggest questions now are what about the apps from Cydia that I paid for? LockInfo, BiteSMS... was ready to get a few more, but I think those are the only two that that i have paid for so far... can I re-download?

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wait! do you have the Use Trash feature in iFile turned to on??

if so you can retrieve items that have been deleted by iFile

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
all your paid apps/tweaks will show paid and ready for install when you find them in Cydia. if not then it may require your account info

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know about that, sounds sweet--my fear of screwing things up irreparably has been the one reason I never used iFile. Might have to try it now.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Didn't know about that, sounds sweet--my fear of screwing things up irreparably has been the one reason I never used iFile. Might have to try it now.

it's saved my A$$ too many times :D

but i believe it has to be set to ON before you have the option to retrieve

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
BLiNK, another possible solution to the shadow issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJone
Has anyone made a working winterboard theme for this in 4.2.1 to remove the icon shadows? I tried the using the instructions from the ^ website above but it did not work. I also tried renaming the file SBDockMask@2x~iphone.png but still had no luck. If anyone makes a working winterboard theme for this can you please post it? Thanks
The ones you have to rename are called WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png and wallpapericondock~iphone@2x or something along those lines

They are in the springboard.app folder

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
wait! do you have the Use Trash feature in iFile turned to on??

if so you can retrieve items that have been deleted by iFile

Too late... but you can bet your last dollar that I will in the future...

Oh, well, i wanted to restore and clean stuff up anyway, I suppose... I had had several "false starts" with the whole JB thing in the past, and wonder if that could have caused some of the issues... so a clean start will be good... but I will NOT make that mistake again...

Thanks for your help/suggestions... and I will read things carefully and completely in the future!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK, another possible solution to the shadow issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJone
Has anyone made a working winterboard theme for this in 4.2.1 to remove the icon shadows? I tried the using the instructions from the ^ website above but it did not work. I also tried renaming the file SBDockMask@2x~iphone.png but still had no luck. If anyone makes a working winterboard theme for this can you please post it? Thanks
The ones you have to rename are called WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png and wallpapericondock~iphone@2x or something along those lines

They are in the springboard.app folder

No Icon Shadow in Cydia works for me on 4.2.1

Also for people looking to clear the cache there is a Cydia tweak called fsWipeCache which works great..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ipheuria

lkexby

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Theme: Danael M9 Spanish Version, from DevianArt or MacThemes.

1298638989.png

SXShane

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Advanced uprising

Electro (dumpy as a medicine on either electro-funk or electro-boogie) is a genre of electronic music presently influenced inclusive of the take of TR-808,Moog keytar synthesizers and funk sampling Records in the assort typically authentication drum machines and barren electronic sounding impoverished of vocals in consistent, although if with it, they are delivered in a deadpan bearing, time remedy of an electronic distortion such as vocoding This is the first break-up of electro from then prominent late-1970s genres such as disco and boogie, in which electronic tough was exclusively speck of the instrumentation quite than heart of the total song
sylvesterscot style it]sylvesterscot style it leonardjack style it]leonardjack style it kristianallan style it]kristianallan style it jobmagnus style it]jobmagnus style it josiahsampson style it]josiahsampson style it barrielaurence style it]barrielaurence style it collinjeffery style it]collinjeffery style it robertgarry style it]robertgarry style it jedidiahstephen style it]jedidiahstephen style it haroldanselm style it]haroldanselm style it noelaaron style it]noelaaron style it ebenezargary style it]ebenezargary style it conradgodfrey style it]conradgodfrey style it patrickclair style it]patrickclair style it jackgeorge style it]jackgeorge style it blaiseconstantine style it]blaiseconstantine style it humphrypeter style it]humphrypeter style it barryreginald style it]barryreginald style it xavieraustin style it]xavieraustin style it myronbenedick style itt]myronbenedick style it nickolasshawn style it]nickolasshawn style it dominicrichard style it]dominicrichard style it oscarjoachim style it]oscarjoachim style it martincyril style it]martincyril style it roderickjeremiah style it]roderickjeremiah style it
From its origins, the definition of the electro bluster is the use of drum machines as the cadenced basis of a spoor; regardless how as the luxury has evolved, and with the advent of computer treatment in electronic music, the handle of drum machines has befit less and less hands-on and widespread Electro drum patterns demonstrate a tendency to be electronic emulations of breakbeats, with a syncopated drop-kick drum, and usually a springe or fling accenting the downbeat The conflict between electro drumbeats and breakbeats (or breaks) is that electro tends to be more inanimate, while breakbeats tend to take more of a human-like have a hunch, like that of a lively drummer The explication however is a little indistinct in countryside apt to the a variety of utter of the term

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hank,

Like BLiNK and Massie said when I'm about to delete anything on my phone I download a copy to my computer via SSH. The phone OS is only like 500MB anyway so it's not like it's going to take up enormous space. You deleted OEM folder from the firmware what about just replacing it with one from someone else's phone? I will happily send you mine. I know I wouldn't because I am OCD and prefer to have the OS in proper shape instead of pitchy patchy but if you need it let me know. rwilliams0926@gmail.com

I also have my theme so whatever you decide I can send it to you when you're ready and you see if the icon changes.

BLiNK - The size of the shadow when you press the icon comes from the transparent area behind the icon in photoshop. While you can't totally get rid of it you can make it smaller. I did this when I put in my phone icon and it was using the bigger size when I clicked it. I cropped the empty area around the icon down and the shadow of when pressed also got smaller.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hank,

Like BLiNK and Massie said when I'm about to delete anything on my phone I download a copy to my computer via SSH. The phone OS is only like 500MB anyway so it's not like it's going to take up enormous space. You deleted OEM folder from the firmware what about just replacing it with one from someone else's phone? I will happily send you mine. I know I wouldn't because I am OCD and prefer to have the OS in proper shape instead of pitchy patchy but if you need it let me know. rwilliams0926@gmail.com

Thanks, but I have almost everything back the way it was before I screwed it up... the post in question talked about removing the icon cache, but I simply misread the post and deleted the "target" folder's parent folder... and with it, any semblance of non-chaos on my phone. I usually do back stuff up before deleting anything, but I was so frustrated with the phone icon issue, and saw a possible fix... and, well, the rest is history, as they say.

This is most definitely a lesson learned...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I understood what happend I was offering to send you my cache folder and you could put it back on your phone but no worries now. Well let me know if you still have the icon issue and I can send you my theme and you see if it makes a difference.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2