Post your lock screens or homescreens

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey blink cN you help me? I applied the typophone weather. It shows up, but the original lock screen (the top part with the time) still shows, how do I get that to go away ? And the time keeps blinking..

I'm not BLiNK... however... I use both Lockscreen Clock Hide and CleanStatus to turn it off... works great...

acarpenter

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Love it! Which theme is this? Does the background come with it? My fav so far! Since I cant post links yet. Its on page four. I think it's perma link 33. It's has the green rain drops in the background. The theme looks all green, with white icons. Another BLiNK classic.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Love it! * Which theme is this? *Does the background come with it? *My fav so far! * Since I cant post links yet. *Its on page four. *I think it's perma link 33. *It's has the green rain drops in the background. *The theme looks all green, with white icons. *Another BLiNK classic.

15647bk.jpg

ModMyi.com | Glasklart HD - iPad & iPhone 4 ready!

and it's a ***** to set it up correctly :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, one more... been working on it this evening... still got a few tweaks to go...

I love the background. I'm gonna work on the date and tome on the lockscreen today adding colors or might just add glowing colors to it as an outline.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the background. I'm gonna work on the date and tome on the lockscreen today adding colors or might just add glowing colors to it as an outline.

Thanks. Yeah, the colors are kind of washed out... would like to experiment with that myself... do you move everything to your computer and tweak or do you work on the iphone?

acarpenter

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
LOl oh no don't tell me that! I guess I better get started then! Im sure more questions are coming once I download it. Thanks for your help as always.

and it's a ***** to set it up correctly :D[/QUOTE]

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What should the phone icon be called? I am trying to update the theme, but there's no custom icon for the phone... "iPhone.png" and "Phone.png" don't work... *sigh*

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What should the phone icon be called? I am trying to update the theme, but there's no custom icon for the phone... "phone.png" doesn't work... *sigh*

sbsettings has a pretty cool feature that will show you the path to whatever app/icon you need

this tutorial has really helped me a lot for doing exactly what you are asking about

Daily Tip: How to set custom app icons on iPhone or iPad [Jailbreak] | TiPb

Creating Your Theme

* Go to: /private/var/stash/Themes
* Create a Folder labeled ?Custom Icons.theme?

* Inside that folder, create a folder labeled ?Bundles? ? All your icons will be put into this folder which will direct winterboard to skin them accordingly.

Finding Icons to Skin

There are online databases for this information, but since icons and apps are often updated, this method will show you how to find them on your own. **Edit:: you may have your own already**

The best method is to use SBSettings and click the ?More? icon.

* Scroll to the bottom and click on ?App Folders?
* Click on the app you are looking to skin, and mark down the folder name.

* Use iFile or your SSH browser and go to the location you marked down.
* Inside that folder there will be another folder, usually the name of the app with ?.app? after it. Open that folder.

* Find Info.plist and open it. You will be looking for a line labeled ?CFBundleIdentifier? and the string directly below it. Mark down the name of the bundle listed in the string, it will look something like ?com.company.appname? This will be the name of your bundle folder that you will be making.

In the same folder where you found Info.plist, find the icon you wish to replace. This step is often tricky, and might require trial and error until the correct file name is found. Usually the icon will be labled Icon.png or Icon@2x.png or icon@2x.png if it is a retina quality icon. Remember this file name is case sensitive.

Go back into your Custom Icons.theme/Bundles folder and make a new folder labeled with what you found to be the CFBundleIdentifier (i.e. ?com.company.appname?). Your Icon will go here. Now that you have both the icon name and the bundle name, its time to make an icon.

there is one problem i have ran into and i am hoping Massie or somebody can help me out with..

when adding a non-traditional shaped icon, in place of any of the stock icons, there is the black shadowing behind it. no matter what sort of tweaking i do to the Springboard.app it remains. very frustrating..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
About the icon shadows: there used to be WB themes for it with names like No Icon Shadow and No Docked Icon Shadow. I never used them, and am not sure if they work with iOS 4 but they are definitely worth a shot.

Alternatively, you could try this:
Changing icon shadow/overlay with no winterboard - MacRumors Forums
Basically you need to edit the original to have a transparent background. Good luck!

Reactions: BLiNK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro