Post your lock screens or homescreens

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have had LockInfo installed for a day or two, but there is one thing that is bugging the heck out of me... how can I get rid of the "bars" behind the time and the lock slider? They are driving me crazy...

use the HTC clock HD plugin ModMyi.com | HTC Clock HD [LockInfo] looks better, imo

as for the slider; i ssh'd into the slantedlock folder and copied their slider setup and then added my own image where it needed to go.. made my own bundle and set it up in winterboard

i'm sure there are other methods to do same but this worked for me :)

also, remember you can also hide the lock slider in LockInfo if you wish, which i recently switched to.. looks cleaner and leaves more room to view info. you can still swipe the area where the slider would typically be to unlock

Settings>LockInfo>Lockscreen>Layout>Hide Lock Slider>On

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ahhh, gotcha. in the app store app go into the configurations (small arrow bottom left after you click on the app)

edit>look for the App Background option and turn it off and back on. at this point it should take you to your photos/camera roll etc. select image.. then you should see the "setting background" icon in the middle of the screen

that should have changed the wallpaper on the jailbroken version as well. if not, try to respring or reinstall the jailbroken version so it can go back to it's default settings (just in case it was tweaked too much :))

EDIT: at the bottom of the app store app will be an option lockscreen sync, set that to ON

sorry, i had to set it up on my device again before i noticed that

also, just to clarify.. you do have the typophone weather app from Cydia and set up in winterboard, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ipheuria

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK I'll try that yeah got the app store app and the theme from cydia and have it setup just like you said in the other thread. I'll give that a try and update you.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
2qltkcl.jpg

Slightly modified version of Simplicity.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK you are the man :D it didn't work but it gave me ideas of what might be wrong. I tried it on my unaltered iPad and it worked fine. So I'm going to re-install the app store app and try again. If that don't work I'll put the theme back in, I incorporated it into my own theme. So I think maybe it needs to update to the specific theme.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
use the HTC clock HD plugin ModMyi.com | HTC Clock HD [LockInfo] looks better, imo

as for the slider; i ssh'd into the slantedlock folder and copied their slider setup and then added my own image where it needed to go.. made my own bundle and set it up in winterboard

i'm sure there are other methods to do same but this worked for me :)

also, remember you can also hide the lock slider in LockInfo if you wish, which i recently switched to.. looks cleaner and leaves more room to view info. you can still swipe the area where the slider would typically be to unlock

Settings>LockInfo>Lockscreen>Layout>Hide Lock Slider>On

Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows the file structure? Where do I find the slantedlock folder? Is this something that I must use SSH for or can I get there and make the necessary changes/tweaks with iFile?

I appreciate the help, and don't mean to be a pest... there's just a lot to learn! (As there was with the old Moto Vxxx series and BlackBerry devices, but I survived them and don't recall bricking any of them).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows the file structure? Where do I find the slantedlock folder? Is this something that I must use SSH for or can I get there and make the necessary changes/tweaks with iFile?

I appreciate the help, and don't mean to be a pest... there's just a lot to learn! (As there was with the old Moto Vxxx series and BlackBerry devices, but I survived them and don't recall bricking any of them).

yes SSH is a must, whether it's on your computer or iFile. i love using iFile because you can copy and create custom files right on the device, but it's all a personal preference

Hank, i will look for tutorial or create one specifically for this situation.. just give me a little time :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
BLiNK, you are definitely the man! I do truly appreciate your help and patience with us n00bs... promise not to be a major pain and will do my best to "pay it forward"!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK, you are definitely the man! I do truly appreciate your help and patience with us n00bs... promise not to be a major pain and will do my best to "pay it forward"!

no worries. i am pretty stoked to have mapped all this out! this is to be done on iFile, here we go

Bears_Slider -via iFile

Need the following installed:

iFile

SlantedLock

Chicago Bears Slider 1.0 ModMyi Themes ModMyi.com | Chicago Bears Slider

Winterboard

Create Folder/Bundle for winterboard:

var>stash>Themes>select Edit(top right)>select the + (bottom left) [Name this Folder] Bears_Slider>Create>Done

Copy slantedlock slider setup:

var>stash>Themes>SlantedLock.theme>Edit>check circle next to-Bundles>select box with arrow (bottom right)>select Copy/Link>Done

Paste slantedlock slider setup into custom Folder/Bundle:

var>stash>Themes>Bears_Slider>Edit>select box with arrow(bottom right)>Paste>Done

Copy Bears Logo:

var>stash>Themes>Chicago Bears Slider Slider.theme>Bundles>com.apple.TelephonyUI>Edit>select the following files by checking the circles next to:

bottombarknobgray@2x.png
bottombarknobgreen@2x.png
bottombarknobred@2x.png

then select box with arrow (bottom right)>Copy/Link>Done

Paste Bears Logo into your custom Folder/Bundle:

var>stash>Themes>Bears_Slider>Bundles>com.apple.TelephonyUI>Edit>select bow with arrow (bottom right)>Paste>Overwrite All>Done>Exit

Setup custom slider in Winterboard:

Winterboard>Bears_Slider (move to top)>back out of Winterboard and select respring

oiub0w.jpg

DONE! and the very cool part is.. not only is your slide to unlock the Bears logo, but so is the slide to answer and slide to turn off :)

try to keep in mind you are only altering a custom folder that you are creating and not manipulating any of the stock files.. so that should eliminate any issues. Feel free to ask any questions if you run into a snag. i want to make sure this gets done so i know that i did this correctly

Enjoy! :D

edit: let me know if you're interested in getting the Chicago Bears text to show up in the slider. i'll have to look into this if so

Last edited:
Reactions: Fausty82

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK think I know what the problem is now. I figured it out with your help :) I re-installed the app store app and was finally able to change the wallpaper but I lost the sync to theme option. So I'm pretty sure because I incorporated the Cydia theme into my own the two apps can't see each other anymore. Unfortunately because of snow I'm stuck at my fianc?'s so tomorrow I'll put the theme back in and see what happens.

I'm loving the other themes I've seen. I have to get some screenshots of my new custom sliders. My phone is named "Beta" so my sliders are the beta symbol :D I'll post up tomorrow.

question for you guys, I keep getting a message on a few themes on my iPad that it's missing the gsc.Wildcat but I can't find it anywhere?

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
DONE! and the very cool part is.. not only is your slide to unlock the Bears logo, but so is the slide to answer and slide to turn off :)

try to keep in mind you are only altering a custom folder that you are creating and not manipulating any of the stock files.. so that should eliminate any issues. Feel free to ask any questions if you run into a snag. i want to make sure this gets done so i know that i did this correctly

Enjoy! :D

edit: let me know if you're interested in getting the Chicago Bears text to show up in the slider. i'll have to look into this if so

Thanks, man...it's awesome! I'd definitely like to see the Chicago Bears text in the slider (assumption: I can duplicate this new slider and have one with one without text)...

The new slider also works with the Typophone lockscreen theme, and looks great with my current background - a black leather background with an Bears orange stripe across the bottom (where the "dots" that show page location) appear...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, man...it's awesome! I'd definitely like to see the Chicago Bears text in the slider (assumption: I can duplicate this new slider and have one with one without text)...

The new slider also works with the Typophone lockscreen theme, and looks great with my current background - a black leather background with an Bears orange stripe across the bottom (where the "dots" that show page location) appear...

nice, glad it's working out. check your email..

let me know if you get this one working

Reactions: Fausty82

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK thanks for all your help. I don't know what the deal is on my phone I've put the theme back how it was and the minute I turn lockscreen sync on the background on the app store app changes to a black screen. As soon as I turn the sync off it goes back to the background. So I have no idea what the deal is lol so I'll prob just try some other lockscreen.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK thanks for all your help. I don't know what the deal is on my phone I've put the theme back how it was and the minute I turn lockscreen sync on the background on the app store app changes to a black screen. As soon as I turn the sync off it goes back to the background. So I have no idea what the deal is lol so I'll prob just try some other lockscreen.

are you selecting the edit button first, then background.. it seems i had to play with the settings at first

keep trying :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL thanks man I've tried every freaking combination it's like this thing doesn't like my phone. I think I'm going to put back the fresh totally unaltered theme and remove all of my themes and see if it will change then. Then once it changes I'll try altering it after that and see what happens. I'll update you guys :D

LOL it worked!!!! thanks man. I reinstalled the Cydia theme and changed the wallpaper. It showed and then I edited the sliders and BOOM!!! my theme is good to go for now until I tweak it a bit later. :D Oh and here are the sliders I promised to show, well one look closely you'll see the Beta symbol. I'll post some screens now that I finally got the wallpaper to change.
img0211u.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2