Ok, one more... been working on it this evening... still got a few tweaks to go...
    I love the background. I'm gonna work on the date and tome on the lockscreen today adding colors or might just add glowing colors to it as an outline.
    02-24-2011 07:15 AM
    I love the background. I'm gonna work on the date and tome on the lockscreen today adding colors or might just add glowing colors to it as an outline.
    Thanks. Yeah, the colors are kind of washed out... would like to experiment with that myself... do you move everything to your computer and tweak or do you work on the iphone?
    02-24-2011 08:06 AM
    LOl oh no don't tell me that! I guess I better get started then! Im sure more questions are coming once I download it. Thanks for your help as always.

and it's a ***** to set it up correctly [/QUOTE]
    02-24-2011 09:25 AM
    What should the phone icon be called? I am trying to update the theme, but there's no custom icon for the phone... "iPhone.png" and "Phone.png" don't work... *sigh*
    Last edited by Fausty82; 02-24-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    02-24-2011 09:39 AM
    What should the phone icon be called? I am trying to update the theme, but there's no custom icon for the phone... "phone.png" doesn't work... *sigh*
    sbsettings has a pretty cool feature that will show you the path to whatever app/icon you need

this tutorial has really helped me a lot for doing exactly what you are asking about

Daily Tip: How to set custom app icons on iPhone or iPad [Jailbreak] | TiPb

Creating Your Theme

* Go to: /private/var/stash/Themes
    * Create a Folder labeled Custom Icons.theme

* Inside that folder, create a folder labeled Bundles All your icons will be put into this folder which will direct winterboard to skin them accordingly.

Finding Icons to Skin

There are online databases for this information, but since icons and apps are often updated, this method will show you how to find them on your own. **Edit:: you may have your own already**

The best method is to use SBSettings and click the More icon.

* Scroll to the bottom and click on App Folders
    * Click on the app you are looking to skin, and mark down the folder name.

* Use iFile or your SSH browser and go to the location you marked down.
    * Inside that folder there will be another folder, usually the name of the app with .app after it. Open that folder.

* Find Info.plist and open it. You will be looking for a line labeled CFBundleIdentifier and the string directly below it. Mark down the name of the bundle listed in the string, it will look something like com.company.appname This will be the name of your bundle folder that you will be making.

In the same folder where you found Info.plist, find the icon you wish to replace. This step is often tricky, and might require trial and error until the correct file name is found. Usually the icon will be labled Icon.png or Icon@2x.png or icon@2x.png if it is a retina quality icon. Remember this file name is case sensitive.

Go back into your Custom Icons.theme/Bundles folder and make a new folder labeled with what you found to be the CFBundleIdentifier (i.e. com.company.appname). Your Icon will go here. Now that you have both the icon name and the bundle name, its time to make an icon.
    there is one problem i have ran into and i am hoping Massie or somebody can help me out with..

when adding a non-traditional shaped icon, in place of any of the stock icons, there is the black shadowing behind it. no matter what sort of tweaking i do to the Springboard.app it remains. very frustrating..
    02-24-2011 10:02 AM
    My current homescreen. And, yes, that's the current temp in fahrenheit here in Florida.
    Hey,

What theme is that (or plugin) that get's the clock on your first screen?

cheers,

Matt
    02-24-2011 11:13 AM
    sbsettings has a pretty cool feature that will show you the path to whatever app/icon you need

this tutorial has really helped me a lot for doing exactly what you are asking about

Excellent... and thanks for the pointers... working on it today as time permits... there's that nasty issue of actually getting some work done today...
    02-24-2011 11:30 AM
    ModMyi.com | Glasklart HD - iPad & iPhone 4 ready!

if anyone is interested; here is a very LONG thread that explains, in detail, how to set this up properly

MacThemes Forum / [theme] Glasklart HD 1.7 - Read First Post! Includes Black Icons Fix

02-24-2011 11:31 AM
    Theme: Tooch.B Weather.

02-24-2011 12:21 PM
    About the icon shadows: there used to be WB themes for it with names like No Icon Shadow and No Docked Icon Shadow. I never used them, and am not sure if they work with iOS 4 but they are definitely worth a shot.

Alternatively, you could try this:
    Changing icon shadow/overlay with no winterboard - MacRumors Forums
    Basically you need to edit the original to have a transparent background. Good luck!
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-24-2011 12:32 PM

Grrr... *pulling my hair out over this one*

There has to be a secret handshake or something... I followed this to the letter, but the original icons are still showing... I created the new bundle, added the icons... saved everything and resprung via winterboard...
    02-24-2011 01:29 PM
    Hank, did you move the custom the folder, in winterboard, to the top?

even if you did sometimes you have to move it down, let go, then move it back up so it forces the respring
    02-24-2011 02:01 PM
    About the icon shadows: there used to be WB themes for it with names like No Icon Shadow and No Docked Icon Shadow. I never used them, and am not sure if they work with iOS 4 but they are definitely worth a shot.

Alternatively, you could try this:
    Changing icon shadow/overlay with no winterboard - MacRumors Forums
    Basically you need to edit the original to have a transparent background. Good luck!
    man, i was really hoping the No Icon Shadow and No Docked Icon Shadow, in Cydia, would have done the trick.. did not work

the other method i may give it a try once i feel like going back to those icons, currently rocking stock icons... for now

side note: it's funny how there seems to be a handful of people who dislike Winterboard, and passionately too.. why is that?
    02-24-2011 02:12 PM
    Hank, did you move the custom the folder, in winterboard, to the top?

even if you did sometimes you have to move it down, let go, then move it back up so it forces the respring
    I didn't create a custom folder... i added it to the existing theme... is that the issue? I'll try that and see...

EDIT: NO difference...

I have downloaded several themes to see how they work, and so far, they all have Icons folders containing all of the custom icons, but nothing except the com.apple.springboard and com.apple.TelephonyUI folders under Bundles... how, exactly is that done? This think is kicking my butt...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 02-24-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    02-24-2011 03:04 PM
    I didn't create a custom folder... i added it to the existing theme... is that the issue? I'll try that and see...

EDIT: NO difference...

I have downloaded several themes to see how they work, and so far, they all have Icons folders containing all of the custom icons, but nothing except the com.apple.springboard and com.apple.TelephonyUI folders under Bundles... how, exactly is that done? This think is kicking my butt...
    so you have it mapped as such?

var>stash>Themes>[custom folder]>Bundles>[custom icons]

*remember the icon names are case sensitive [Icon@2x.png | icon@2x.png] and have to be named EXACTLY as Apple has them named

email me your custom folder if you like via .zip
    02-24-2011 03:31 PM
    Thanks for the link! I just loaded it. It looks pretty clean but it's not anywhere near yours yet lol. This post should help. Just curious did you change the color of the wallpaper yourself?

Thanks

Glasklart HD - iPad & iPhone 4 ready

if anyone is interested; here is a very LONG thread that explains, in detail, how to set this up properly

MacThemes Forum / [theme] Glasklart HD 1.7 - Read First Post! Includes Black Icons Fix

[
    02-24-2011 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the link! I just loaded it. It looks pretty clean but it's not anywhere near yours yet lol. This post should help. Just curious did you change the color of the wallpaper yourself?

Thanks
    nope. i got it from this free app in the app store
    Retina Wallpapers HD with Glow Effects - 640x960 Wallpaper and Background for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

i also attached my wallpaper for you or anyone else
    SteveyAsp likes this.
    02-24-2011 04:06 PM
    man, i was really hoping the No Icon Shadow and No Docked Icon Shadow, in Cydia, would have done the trick.. did not work

the other method i may give it a try once i feel like going back to those icons, currently rocking stock icons... for now

side note: it's funny how there seems to be a handful of people who dislike Winterboard, and passionately too.. why is that?
    I also just noticed that there is a 4.2.1 specific version of No Icon Shadow...did you use that one?
    02-24-2011 04:43 PM
    so you have it mapped as such?

var>stash>Themes>[custom folder]>Bundles>[custom icons]

*remember the icon names are case sensitive [Icon@2x.png | icon@2x.png] and have to be named EXACTLY as Apple has them named

email me your custom folder if you like via .zip
    Yes, I believe so... I've looked through it several times...

the file's on the way... thanks
    02-24-2011 05:11 PM
    there is one problem i have ran into and i am hoping Massie or somebody can help me out with..

when adding a non-traditional shaped icon, in place of any of the stock icons, there is the black shadowing behind it. no matter what sort of tweaking i do to the Springboard.app it remains. very frustrating..
    Maybe I don't get what you're saying because didn't you help me with just this with icons on my dock?

Hank I work with everything on my computer. I have all my themes, icons, lockscreens, keyboards, etc in folders. When I put a theme together I put it on the phone as testing. Which icons are you having problems changing? I had no problem with my phone icon. However my notes, maps, camera, photos, carrier and weather will not friggin change. I tried everything, I'm wondering if it's pulling from a cache. I just let it be while I work on my own theme from scratch. Then when I finish that I will see if the icons change and if not I'll try and try. Is your file a png? When I get home I'll look at how my phone icon is located and named. I'll even send you my theme and you could see if it changes then.
    02-24-2011 05:32 PM
    That cache idea rings a bell...follow the link in my earlier post to macrumors, then to modmyi from that thread...I remember someone mentioning having to delete a springboard cache. Might help, sorry I don't have experience with that particular issue!
    02-24-2011 06:21 PM
    I remember that too but couldn't remember where I read it. I'll go back to your link.
    02-24-2011 06:24 PM
    Hank I work with everything on my computer. I have all my themes, icons, lockscreens, keyboards, etc in folders. When I put a theme together I put it on the phone as testing. Which icons are you having problems changing? I had no problem with my phone icon. However my notes, maps, camera, photos, carrier and weather will not friggin change. I tried everything, I'm wondering if it's pulling from a cache. I just let it be while I work on my own theme from scratch. Then when I finish that I will see if the icons change and if not I'll try and try. Is your file a png? When I get home I'll look at how my phone icon is located and named. I'll even send you my theme and you could see if it changes then.
    I'd appreciate the files, man. Yes, the files are icon@2x.png and icon.png... I think they are from BLiNK's zip file... I followed the detail guide on the TiPb front page that talks about changing stock icons, and believe that I have done the steps exactly as described there (and quoted by BLiNK)... but no go... It's frustrating, but will be worth it when it's done - if we get there.

Since the items are/may be cached, I could see the problems... but wouldn't a hard reset clear the cache? Oh, well, it will work when it works (IF it works) This is definitely a learning experience...
    02-24-2011 06:46 PM
    Lockscreen:

Homescreen

Main Theme - Elite Pro HD (icons, theming in ipod, phone, mail, etc) purchased on cydia.
    Slider - Revolte HD Slider
    Lockscreen - Modified a version of the LS Nimbus
    Signal and Wifi - Forgot where I got them. I modified them a while ago, but when I downloaded them their original name was "signalwifi.theme".
    02-24-2011 08:44 PM
    I also just noticed that there is a 4.2.1 specific version of No Icon Shadow...did you use that one?
    yes, tried it. no luck

Yes, I believe so... I've looked through it several times...

the file's on the way... thanks
    not sure if you got my email or not but inside that .zip is a folder named: Blue Apple Clean 2

i took that folder and put it into my var>stash>Themes and set it in winterboard.. all the necessary icons were available on my springboard..
    02-24-2011 09:55 PM
1,024 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD