I have finally figured out how to download files that are not in cydia. I also have fun box app on widows. I can get as far as the zip folder to the desktop then I am stuck. I can put it into my themes and it shows on winterboard but when check it I get nothing. Can someone help me out??
    05-12-2011 07:05 PM
    You need to unzip it once it's on your desktop. Inside that folder is the theme folder, that's what you want to put into Winterboard.
    05-12-2011 07:21 PM
    I'm boring.
    05-14-2011 02:21 PM

Dark Blue HD
    05-14-2011 03:47 PM
    Img_0478.png
    05-14-2011 07:03 PM

REDDIM-Cyan Theme
    05-15-2011 09:54 PM
    Hey Pilsbury, your themes are beautiful! Im currently using reddim - purple. I was wondering how to change the city on this one. :-)
    05-16-2011 09:20 AM
    Thanks. I'm at work right now, hit me up around 7 central time-
    chokem22@gmail.com

If you haven't already, go ahead and DL iFile in Cydia.
    05-16-2011 09:30 AM
    Img_0478.png
    That's cool! I assume that's your home screen? How'd you get the scores up there? And the weather too?
    05-16-2011 10:04 AM
    Thanks Pilsbury, will do. And I do have iFile.
    05-16-2011 10:08 AM
    loving these speakers that jhoove09 made for me!

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-ipad-wa...r-request.html

05-18-2011 10:42 PM
    I really liked the REDDIM theme that Pilsbury showed, so I downloaded it in both cyan and blue. Thanks for sharing, Pilsbury.

Right now I'm using a customized version of REDDIMblue. After a couple of hours I found the theme's wallpaper too distracting for me, so I basically took the icons and some actions from the theme. Then I created a couple of custom matching icons for apps that weren't covered (ie, SpringMe and MyProfiles), changed a couple of other icons (eg, Calendar), and used a few other tweaks to come up with this. I'll be using it until I get bored...
    05-18-2011 11:02 PM
    Img_0478.png
    how did you get the facebook icon in the status bar?
    05-19-2011 03:06 AM
    I haven't had much time to work on my theme but in Canada it's a long weekend this weekend so I should have some time to make some big changes. So here is some of the the changes I've done so far, I unfortunately can't show the sounds that I've changed LOL.

Today's lockscreen (I have 20 and change them daily using iFile)

Homescreen

Folder

I have also changed the sound for lock, unlock, email sent, email received, text message sent. I'm working on the SMS tones through the theme this weekend.
    05-19-2011 11:13 AM
    Img_0478.png
    What is this???
    docmjherron#IM likes this.
    05-19-2011 12:35 PM
    I really liked the REDDIM theme that Pilsbury showed, so I downloaded it in both cyan and blue. Thanks for sharing, Pilsbury.

Right now I'm using a customized version of REDDIMblue. After a couple of hours I found the theme's wallpaper too distracting for me, so I basically took the icons and some actions from the theme. Then I created a couple of custom matching icons for apps that weren't covered (ie, SpringMe and MyProfiles), changed a couple of other icons (eg, Calendar), and used a few other tweaks to come up with this. I'll be using it until I get bored...
    I LOVED the REDDIM theme. But, like you, I was distracted after a couple days. havent been able to play with it much. But today & tomorrow I can. Currently, I'm using xQuisite theme. I love the tones and how it looks. i'm working on trying to get the weather to come up correctly.

So, I found in ifile how to change a couple things, but I'm not that brave because I'm not really sure what I'm doing, How do yall change icons and sounds? And where to you get the new ones you choose to put on there.

I'll post a pic when I'm happy with it. Right now, its just a mess.
    05-19-2011 01:43 PM
    I haven't had much time to work on my theme but in Canada it's a long weekend this weekend so I should have some time to make some big changes. So here is some of the the changes I've done so far, I unfortunately can't show the sounds that I've changed LOL.

I have also changed the sound for lock, unlock, email sent, email received, text message sent. I'm working on the SMS tones through the theme this weekend.
    Wow. I'm sure changing the sounds would be way over my head. i'd love to change SMS tones. fo you do this through Ifile? And your clear folders, they are perfect. i read one of your posts on how to change them. I"m scared to
    even try to move things around. I can't even get the color right on my current theme. Work-in-progress!!!!
    05-19-2011 01:49 PM
    LOL I did a post on changing the sounds. It is really WAYYYYY easier if you do it in OpenSSH. After I do my testing changing the stock SMS tones using a theme this weekend I'm going to write it up. PM me and I can tell you where to find it if you're really interested. If you need any help with your theme let me know and I'll help you if I can. Post up a screenshot and tell us the things that you want to do and have tried to do?
    Ariyala likes this.
    05-19-2011 02:27 PM
    I LOVED the REDDIM theme. But, like you, I was distracted after a couple days. havent been able to play with it much. But today & tomorrow I can. Currently, I'm using xQuisite theme. I love the tones and how it looks. i'm working on trying to get the weather to come up correctly.

So, I found in ifile how to change a couple things, but I'm not that brave because I'm not really sure what I'm doing, How do yall change icons and sounds? And where to you get the new ones you choose to put on there.

I'll post a pic when I'm happy with it. Right now, its just a mess.
    I love iFile and use it quite a bit, but for doing any theme-work you really need OpenSSH on your iPhone and some type of iPhone file-manager program on your computer---I have an iMac and use YummyFTP.

Once I have SSH open/on (via OpenSSH) and YummyFTP connected, I can try just about anything. I've found that a lot of things are more trial and error than actual knowledge. You also eventually get used to the iPhone file system, which makes it easier to find things.

Changing icons has turned out to be much easier than I thought; however, it requires some type of image-editing program. I use Adobe Photoshop and actually have fun creating icons. I usually take one of the simpler icons from whatever theme I like and then create from that. On the image I attached, you can see that I did that with the SpringMe and My Profiles icons.

One thing I learned the hard way---don't delete any of the original icons from the theme. When you want to replace an icon, add a numeral after the file's name (ie, icon @2x.png1) so all you have to do when you want to restore to the original icon is delete the numeral. That can be done through iFile or by SSH. Remember to turn SSH off (via OpenSSH) when you're done accessing the files.

I'm far from an expert, but I've learned a lot from some of the members here and I've lost my fear of messing with the iPhone file system (within reason). I always do an iTunes backup prior to any major "messing around" just in case.

It all actually sounds a lot more complicated and scary that it is in reality. I did a lot of reading on this forum before I even attempted to make any changes and I asked a lot of questions. The people here are absolutely incredible, and very giving of their time and expertise. Ipheuria and I were e-mailing a lot when I first joined. He was instrumental in teaching me what to do and giving me the confidence to do it. Remember, if you have a backup you can always restore to your working version---no harm, no foul.
    Last edited by mededitor; 05-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Ariyala likes this.
    05-19-2011 05:42 PM
    Oh gosh, everything is way over my head! lol Ipheuria, I'll post a screenshot tomorrow when i have more time, and I'll go through there and figure out exactly what I want to do. I'm less than a week into my first JB'ing experience and its a bit scary. I JB it while on a phone with a friend, I was so scared!

But, I figure, if something goes wrong, I can just restore.

Mededitor, I have read about SSH, but I don't really understand it. My friend told me NOT to touch anything till I understand it. The only thing I've done is changed the background of a theme using iSpirit on my PC (running Vista) and iFile. wasn't hard, and it worked so I was happy. I just need to do a little more reading on the SSH to figure it out.

Thank yall for your help so far..I'm sure there's more to come!
    05-19-2011 10:55 PM
    Finally came true with the help of PerPage widgets (free on Cydia)

(can't insert image due to <10 posts)

My icons are from the Winterboard theme 'HTC Froyo' - still looking for retina-quality android icons...
    05-20-2011 04:58 AM
    Mededitor, I have read about SSH, but I don't really understand it. My friend told me NOT to touch anything till I understand it. The only thing I've done is changed the background of a theme using iSpirit on my PC (running Vista) and iFile. wasn't hard, and it worked so I was happy. I just need to do a little more reading on the SSH to figure it out.
    You're doing exactly what I did---researching before I did anything. Reading threads here helped a lot and I found that watching videos on YouTube made it all fall into place for me. I couldn't visualize what some people were saying---sometimes words just can't describe the process---but once I actually saw videos, everything made more sense to me.

If you download OpenSSH on to your iPhone and one of the file readers on to your computer (depends on whether you have a PC or a Mac; for a Mac I use YummyFTP), you can always follow the steps to access your iPhone's file system just so you can look around and see what's there. Don't make any changes, just look. Once your comfortable with how the file system works you might want to try some changes.

Remember, make a back-up of your iPhone (I used iTunes) before you even use OpenSSH to look around---always better to be safe.

Keep reading, watching, and asking questions. All of a sudden it will all "click" and that's when you'll know that you're ready to take the plunge.
    05-20-2011 04:10 PM
    I don't even bother with openSSH. Instead I just use iPhone Browser and a USB cablethat way I don't have to install another program on my phone.
    05-20-2011 05:11 PM
    same here but i use iPhone Folders
    05-20-2011 05:18 PM
    mededitor I'm always happy to help, the other person sorry I can't remember your username look up OpenSSH on here I've given links on using it and changing the passwords. Massie are on a Mac? I used to use iPhone Browser loved it because all I needed was my USB cable but once I got my i4 on iOS 4 it never worked propely anymore. It never deleted stuff, I could only move one item then the window would go blank and I had to restart the application to do something else. It was SO much faster working in SSH. I don't know if it's a Mac thing or I have an old version.
    05-20-2011 05:52 PM
1,024 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD