i believe this is a known issue with 4.2.1, i'm assuming they still need to update some things

here is what i did as a workaround via SSH:

go into your themes and find SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

now, you're going to have to add 24 images of the same into this folder and then rename to what the existing files are named

for example:

0.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    etc...

make sure to backup, delete .. or whatever you would like to do with the originals (personally i did not like them so i got rid of them)

edit: oh, and in your slanted lock configurations under the wallpaper set: select 24 hr

let me know if you got this to work. i did all of this with iFile
    Worked like a charm, thank you sir!!!!
    02-09-2011 01:28 PM
    Love the greenpois0n slider BLiNK.. Great job! Mind sharing that part of the bundle? Currently using a droid slider on mine.
    02-11-2011 09:29 AM
    what icons are those?
    02-11-2011 01:47 PM
    Love the greenpois0n slider BLiNK.. Great job! Mind sharing that part of the bundle? Currently using a droid slider on mine.
    overwrite: bottombarknobgray@2x.png or you can get it in Cydia: ModMyi.com | Greenposi0n Slider

... or if you want to PM me your email i can send it to you
    02-11-2011 02:00 PM
    overwrite: or you can get it in Cydia:

... or if you want to PM me your email i can send it to you
    THANKS! That worked perfectly! Haven't posted enough yet to attach my image but thanks!
    02-11-2011 03:18 PM
    My current homescreen. And, yes, that's the current temp in fahrenheit here in Florida.

I like your clock, which add on is that?

Here is mine

02-11-2011 05:31 PM
    what icons are those?
    Elite pro hd combined with shrink and five column.
    02-12-2011 12:08 AM
    02-13-2011 04:24 PM
    When I try to load the slanted lock screen, all I get is a blank black lock screen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    02-13-2011 08:40 PM
    02-13-2011 08:52 PM
    When I try to load the slanted lock screen, all I get is a blank black lock screen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    there are certain settings in your slantedlock configurations. if your wanting your own background then use this...

now, you're going to have to add 24 images of the same into this folder and then rename to what the existing files are named

for example:

0.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    etc...

make sure to backup, delete .. or whatever you would like to do with the originals (personally i did not like them so i got rid of them)

edit: oh, and in your slanted lock configurations under the wallpaper set: select 24 hr

02-13-2011 08:58 PM
    very nice!

02-13-2011 08:58 PM
    Thank you!
    02-13-2011 09:17 PM
    there are certain settings in your slantedlock configurations. if your wanting your own background then use this...

for example:

0.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    etc...

Wow. Everything you just typed is way over my head! If I'm understanding you correctly, I need to download and app to access the theme files? Then take the picture I want as the background and copy it 24 times then stick iit in the folder?
    02-13-2011 10:09 PM
    Wow. Everything you just typed is way over my head! If I'm understanding you correctly, I need to download and app to access the theme files? Then take the picture I want as the background and copy it 24 times then stick iit in the folder?
    you'll need to gain access to the system files of the device.

it can be done on the device itself: iFile · Cydia (i prefer this one)

or on your computer. if you are using a PC you can use WinSCP :: How do I connect to my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? or iPhone Folders (i use this one)

if you're on a MAC i'm not exactly sure what the best option is..(anyone?)

..... then follow the directions i gave above. hope this helps
    02-13-2011 11:10 PM
    02-14-2011 12:57 AM
    Worked like a charm, thank you sir!!!!
    Can you elaborate a bit on the instructions? Specifically this part:

for example:

0.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    etc...

Are you making 24 copies of the slbkg24hr image and renaming them to 0.jpg, etc? I'm just having a hard time deciphering that.
    02-14-2011 01:16 AM
    Massie, sorry for the confusion

inside the slbkg24hr folder are 24 images (0.jpg - 23.jpg), those are the ones you want to replace with your own image but still use the existing names (0.jpg - 23.jpg)

you can either overwrite the existing images or make copies of the originals if you wish to keep them

let me know if you get this to work

Can you elaborate a bit on the instructions? Specifically this part:

for example:

0.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    etc...

Are you making 24 copies of the slbkg24hr image and renaming them to 0.jpg, etc? I'm just having a hard time deciphering that.
    02-14-2011 10:15 AM
    you'll need to gain access to the system files of the device.

it can be done on the device itself: iFile · Cydia (i prefer this one)

or on your computer. if you are using a PC you can use WinSCP :: How do I connect to my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad? or iPhone Folders (i use this one)

if you're on a MAC i'm not exactly sure what the best option is..(anyone?)

..... then follow the directions i gave above. hope this helps
    If you're on a Mac you can use Cyberduck, just remember to change the default password if your SSHing to the phone.

How about iPads? Anybody got any good themes?
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-14-2011 06:21 PM
    On my 3G I had OpenSSH and I used to SSH in to change all sorts of things. Since then I haven't used it really so I sort of didn't want to bother opening my iPhone 4 up to that again. However going through this thread and the inability to connect to the iPhone file system using iPhone Explorer I decided to get back into it. So I read through a bit of the site that Ally provided links to and I installed OpenSSH, changed my password on my iPhone 4 and did a quick change to the Glass Orb theme. I didn't have much time before I started work so it's not much off a change I know but anyway

I'll be making full themes now that I'm all set up. The only question I have is the wallpaper I used is already iPhone 4 res but when I put it into the theme it seems to be stretched does the wallpaper also have to have the @2x.png? I figured out the problem it doesn't need the @2x but however I have another questions from the solution. The solution was to resize the wallpaper to 320x480 which is 3G/3Gs res? What am I doing wrong with my theme that I need to use lower res is it because the icons are low res versions?
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 02-15-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    02-15-2011 09:34 AM
    This thread is getting no love but I'm proud of my work so far so I'm posting anyway. Check out the mailbox

02-15-2011 07:54 PM

lookin' good!

*tip for the shadows behind the non-traditional shaped icons on the switcher, dock and wallpaper (for iPhone 4)

SSH to: System > Library > Core Services > Spingboard.app > [edit the following files]

SwitcherIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png

WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

put a 1 in the front of the files to rename them, for example:

1SwitcherIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

1WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png

1WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

reset your theme in winterboard and respring

this will remove the shadows from behind the icons due to them not being traditionally shaped. then of course remove the 1 to go back

let me know if this works
    Ipheuria likes this.
    02-16-2011 12:57 AM
    You rock I will try that tomorrow I was actually trying to figure that out. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

I have a question for you, I have 3 icons for
    iTunes, Camera and Photos but nothing I do they will not change
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 02-16-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    02-16-2011 01:02 AM
    Totally off-topic for a second, but do you use BlogPress a lot? I want a good app to use with Blogger...
    02-16-2011 01:40 AM
    You rock I will try that tomorrow I was actually trying to figure that out. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

I have a question for you, I have 3 icons for
    iTunes, Camera and Photos but nothing I do they will not change
    Saw this somewhere:

"For the Camera Icon - ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.camera
    Add "Icon.png" & "Icon@2x.png"

For the Photos Icon - ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.mobileslideshow
    Add "icon.png" & "icon@2x.png"

Hope it helps...
    02-16-2011 01:43 AM
1,024 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD