My friend, you are determined!! And yes, my Scrabble icon lost it's rounded corners that I had achieved. Made me mad. So I changed that icon to one that was in the theme.
    03-11-2011 05:40 PM
    lol yes I am because it will break my theme if there is one icon that doesn't have the same look. Yeah if you have all custom icons then the fix is great. I honestly don't know why some icons are just so damn hard to change.
    03-11-2011 05:45 PM
    By fixed, what do you mean. The shadows gone?? Because the same icon is in the free version too. But on the website it told me which icons to rename to get rid of the shadow.
    but that would still involve the non-themed icons to show up squared without rounded corners... got it. hate it

thank you sir!
    03-11-2011 05:49 PM
    I know it f'ing sux. So I just had to decide to use some of the 275 icons to replace non themed stock icons.
    03-11-2011 05:55 PM
    I loved my custom theme (thanks to Ipheuria), but I wanted to change things up a bit. Of course, I still have my original custom theme saved because I'll go back to it at some point.

I used UNIque as my theme base, primarily for the icon shapes, which I really like. Two icons didn't take on the new shape and I was able to change one of them by following the directions provided by a few of you (Ipheuria, BLiNK, and Hank). I created the "MP" (MyProfiles) icon in my dock and I was absolutely amazed when it worked.

The only icon I can't seem to change is the weather icon. I'm using "WeatherIcon" from ModMyi, which puts live weather details on top of the stock weather icon (I got tired of seeing 70-degrees and sunny while we were in the midst of a blizzard). Finding the proper files to customize to the new icon shape is difficult because I'm not sure which "Weather" folders/icons to use, but I'll keep working on it.

I'm also using i4 Invisible Unlock Tap for the unlock screen because I'd like to avoid the long fingerprint across the screen protector every time I unlock the phone.

In the meantime, I'm happy with the results and thrilled that I was able to change the "MyProfiles" icon shape. Everyone here is absolutely amazing, without this group I would never have the guts or the knowledge to do these customizations---I don't even know if I would have jailbroken without so many of you sharing your knowledge.

Thank you to everyone, this forum is absolutely amazing!
    03-11-2011 07:23 PM
    MedEditor love the theme nice work. You're looking for the name of the folder and icon for th stock weather icon?
    03-11-2011 07:33 PM
    MedEditor love the theme nice work. You're looking for the name of the folder and icon for th stock weather icon?
    I'm not sure.

If I understand WeatherIcon correctly, it's sort of an overlay for the stock weather icon that provides real weather information instead of having it always 70-degrees and sunny. So I'm not sure if I need the stock weather icon, the icon for WeatherIcon, or both.

The naming conventions are similar (I think), so that's only adding to my confusion (which is easy to do ). I'd like to change the shape of the icon to match the theme, but I don't want to do it at the expense of the icon not working, I like having the actual weather on the icon.

You know me, I'm easily confused...
    03-11-2011 07:43 PM
    lol well if the icon is just a png file it's static. Just like how the calendar icon has the updated date on it but the image of the calendar can be changed. Besides you wouldn't edit it without having a backup of the original. The WeatherIcon icon has the same name as the stock icon because it's supposed to replace it through the theme.
    03-11-2011 07:59 PM
    I'm not sure.

If I understand WeatherIcon correctly, it's sort of an overlay for the stock weather icon that provides real weather information instead of having it always 70-degrees and sunny. So I'm not sure if I need the stock weather icon, the icon for WeatherIcon, or both.

The naming conventions are similar (I think), so that's only adding to my confusion (which is easy to do ). I'd like to change the shape of the icon to match the theme, but I don't want to do it at the expense of the icon not working, I like having the actual weather on the icon.

You know me, I'm easily confused...
    I had the same problem with Uinique, but it only happened at night, turned out it was missing one of the icons for the night weathericon, so I just copied the one that was in the file and named it correctly and it fixed the problem.

You can find it at the bottom of this folder >> UINique.theme\Bundles\com.apple.springboard
    03-11-2011 08:00 PM
    lol well if the icon is just a png file it's static. Just like how the calendar icon has the updated date on it but the image of the calendar can be changed. Besides you wouldn't edit it without having a backup of the original. The WeatherIcon icon has the same name as the stock icon because it's supposed to replace it through the theme.
    You're right, I will have the originals backed up so I can't do too much damage. Now I'm determined to fix this icon, it's the only one left that didn't take on the new icon shape of the theme. I'm not sure why because other Cydia programs changed just fine, with the exception of "MyProfiles," which was a relatively easy fix---thanks to all of your previous hand-holding.

I had the same problem with Uinique, but it only happened at night, turned out it was missing one of the icons for the night weathericon, so I just copied the one that was in the file and named it correctly and it fixed the problem.

You can find it at the bottom of this folder >> UINique.theme\Bundles\com.apple.springboard
    Thanks, redbeard. There are so many weather icons in various places that I wasn't sure where to get the correct one.

Ipheuria and/or redbeard, would I make the shape changes to both weatherbg@2x~iphone.png and weatherbg_night@2x~iphone.png?
    03-11-2011 08:13 PM
    Thanks, redbeard. There are so many weather icons in various places that I wasn't sure where to get the correct one.

Ipheuria and/or redbeard, would I make the shape changes to both weatherbg@2x~iphone.png and weatherbg_night@2x~iphone.png?
    I just know you need one of each, that's how it is in my folder.
    03-11-2011 09:38 PM
    After hours of trial and error along with pacing around my office, I finally got the weather icons (day and night) changed to match my current theme!

I'm using UINique as my base theme with several tweaks. I really like the shape of the icons, but for some reason the weather icon (the stock weather icon [always showing 73-degrees and sunny] with the WeatherIcon overlay, which substitutes live weather details to the static icon) wouldn't convert to match the theme.

In the overall scheme of things, it's relatively unimportant but it was making me crazy. I used iFile so I could image just about every .png file that had to do with weather and finally found the location of the weather icons that needed to be changed: /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard/weatherbg@2x.png and /weatherbg_night@2x.png.

I used PhotoShop to copy one of the UINique icons and changed the icon graphic to match a night and a day weather icon (I'm not sure where I got them). I renamed the original icons just in case it didn't work and SSHd in the two new images with the correct names. Voile! It finally worked and I have my weather icons matching the theme.

The trick was finding the spot where the current weather icon graphics were stored (that was what took so much time, they weren't where I would have even thought to look, but I was determined to view every .png file I could find) and then properly renaming the new icons that I created. Out of habit I added ~iphone to the names so the revision didn't work at first---that was a definite "duh" moment!

Here's the revised homescreen with the new nighttime weather icon.
    Last edited by mededitor; 03-12-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Icyhot1966 likes this.
    03-12-2011 07:44 PM
    03-12-2011 08:24 PM
    03-12-2011 08:37 PM
    03-12-2011 08:38 PM
    03-12-2011 08:38 PM
    I am trying to get rid of the white boxes and boarder shown here. Anyone know how? I already have a custom theme so i can add files to it i just need to know what.

03-13-2011 12:13 AM
    Those images are way way too big.

Here's how to make your own carrier icons..

place them in: System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle

Default_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is in color/black)
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is white)

You want an image around 60 x 40 pixels in size..
    Redbeard, why the hell isn't there one for Verizon
    03-13-2011 01:16 AM
    IcyHot there are ones for Verizon you have to SSH in to your phone to the location he gave you System/Library/Carrier Bundles and scroll past all the folders and go to V and you should see Verizon_US I'm guessing. Then go in there and see what the files are called there are two. Once you know the name of the containing folder and the name of the files follow redbeard's steps just substitute the Verizon info where he has AT&T. The Default file is the light color icon for black or dark colored taskbar and the FSO icon is the dark color icon for light colored taskbar. redbeard is on 4.2 and Verizon didn't come out till 4.2.6 so only the Verizon phones or any phones on 4.3 will have the carrier bundle for Verizon.

Bamf-Hacker check back tomorrow I will check in the springboard to see what th name of the file is and post up for you. Then you would edit the file to make it transparent in your image editor. Then it probably goes in the UIImages or the Bundles\com.apple.springboard folder. I'll let you know which one.

Mededitor the student has become the master I just got back on the site glad to see you put it together. I actually upgraded to 4.3 on my phone so all my theming now is done on my iPad. I think I'm gonna try your theme on it tommorow.

Ikexby you have alot of really sweet lockscreens I gotta find out the names of some of them.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 03-13-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    03-13-2011 01:39 AM
    No brah, no Verizon in the V's. I checked lol. Now if I was on Vodafone...no but seriously, nothing in there for Verizon
    03-13-2011 01:52 AM
    really?? that's really weird. OK try this use Bundle\com.apple.Unknown and put the AT&T files in there. Then edit them with your image and name them changing the AT&T to VERIZON in the names. If that doesn't work try com.apple.VERIZON_US but that's the last shot.
    03-13-2011 01:59 AM
    Bamf-Hacker check back tomorrow I will check in the springboard to see what th name of the file is and post up for you. Then you would edit the file to make it transparent in your image editor. Then it probably goes in the UIImages or the Bundles\com.apple.springboard folder. I'll let you know which one.
    Thanks buddy, but I found the images for the boxes.

Now I need help finding the background behind the text and the background where the white boxes were.

Last edited by bamf-hacker; 03-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    03-13-2011 11:51 PM
    BAMF send me the location where you found the boxes that you removed. Then with both of us working on it we'll figure it out.

I am so overjoyed right now, my struggle with the default icons have come to an end. Things to watch out for if you're trying to change icons that just wont change. The case of the icon's name has to be correct, so for instance I had icon instead of Icon. The case of the folder name matters I had com.apple.voices and it is com.apple.Voices if you want all the steps to figuring out how to make the icons let me know. Anyone who says JB is no fun is a FOOL, I'm so addicted to theming now LOL I absolutely LOVE my iPad right now.

You might remember a couple pages back I couldn't get the Voices, Garageband or iPod icons to change well F U Apple LOL
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 03-14-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    03-14-2011 04:13 PM
    03-14-2011 06:38 PM
    BAMF send me the location where you found the boxes that you removed. Then with both of us working on it we'll figure it out.

I am so overjoyed right now, my struggle with the default icons have come to an end. Things to watch out for if you're trying to change icons that just wont change. The case of the icon's name has to be correct, so for instance I had icon instead of Icon. The case of the folder name matters I had com.apple.voices and it is com.apple.Voices if you want all the steps to figuring out how to make the icons let me know. Anyone who says JB is no fun is a FOOL, I'm so addicted to theming now LOL I absolutely LOVE my iPad right now.

You might remember a couple pages back I couldn't get the Voices, Garageband or iPod icons to change well F U Apple LOL
    It's amazing how much the the case used in the naming of icons and folders can be the difference between success and failure. Just like we learned (well, you learned and taught me ), according to iPhone there is a big difference between .PNG and .png.

By the way, you have a beautiful iPad theme. How long before you'll be changing it around again?
    03-14-2011 06:58 PM
1,024 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD