[IMG][/IMG]
    03-10-2011 07:41 PM
    [IMG][/IMG]

Icon carrier mod...ok,I must not be doing this right, or I am not understanding how. Can some one please adjust the size ,and all to were all I got to do is ssh it to my phone... thanks,
    Chris
    So in other words, the Verizon logo will go away and this picture will take it's place??? What app in Cydia does that. I couldn't find one.
    03-10-2011 08:05 PM
    I left my laptop at work tonight. If someone hasn't helped you by tomorrow I'll PM you and try to help you out. You will need a dark and a light colored image. The dark one is for when the statusbar is light colored. The light one is for when the statusbar is dark colored.
    03-10-2011 08:08 PM
    Ipheuria... thanks... I am not in a hurry. I am new to understanding the os of the iphone. I just wish it was easy like the Blackberry I had . lol
    03-10-2011 08:18 PM
    Those images are way way too big.

Here's how to make your own carrier icons..

place them in: System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle

Default_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is in color/black)
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT(or your carrier)@2x.png (this one is white)

You want an image around 60 x 40 pixels in size..
    03-10-2011 08:57 PM
    I gave you a link if you really want to understand theming and the file system go to it and read each section. You could also look for my thread Theming Tips there's a couple of good tips.
    03-10-2011 08:58 PM
    I got a new lockscreen, and have customized just about everything now, carrier signals, battery, icons, folders, etc..

It's been tiring
    03-10-2011 09:41 PM
    redbeard:
    can i find that weather thing from your lock screen in cydia?
    03-10-2011 11:33 PM
    redbeard I love it did you do any of the icons yourself? I find that to be the hardest thing so far.
    03-11-2011 12:14 AM
    Redbeard, how are you theming your keyboards?
    03-11-2011 12:33 AM
    I think it's the Carbon X HD Pro theme. It includes custom keyboard and dialers.
    03-11-2011 12:37 AM
    I think the stock keyboard is near perfect, I have no interest in messing with it!
    03-11-2011 01:06 AM
    I think it's the Carbon X HD Pro theme. It includes custom keyboard and dialers.
    I thought custom keyboards were a no-go on iOS 4.x? Any chance I've overlooked a black keyboard a la the MacBook Pro?
    03-11-2011 01:22 AM
    redbeard I love it did you do any of the icons yourself? I find that to be the hardest thing so far.
    No, I wish I had those skills, all my icons are from packs that I found over on Macthemes, there are some really skilled photoshop artists over there. I think I went through about 6 or 7 themes to get all the ones I like.

I hear ya about the icons, everytime an app updates or a new JB comes out you have to change em all over again. I copied my main theme over to my computer and I save all my changes made there hoping that when the 4.3 JB comes out I can just copy it back onto my phone so I don't have to manually do it all over again!
    03-11-2011 04:33 AM
    redbeard:
    can i find that weather thing from your lock screen in cydia?
    Pm'd you the dl link.

Redbeard, how are you theming your keyboards?
    I got sick of seeing the stock keyboard stand out so a couple months ago I just googled how to do it on 4.1 and found a bunch of how to's on Youtube. Followed the directions exactly and it worked, took awhile though and I didn't get it right the first couple times since the app is in Chinese. Works in landscape mode too.
    03-11-2011 04:48 AM
    I thought custom keyboards were a no-go on iOS 4.x? Any chance I've overlooked a black keyboard a la the MacBook Pro?
    I loved that one on my 3G, unfortunately it hasn't been updated for the iP4 so it looks like crap, there are some pretty nice ones out there though, and more are on the way. Mine is from the "Uinique" theme.
    03-11-2011 04:51 AM
    I'll leave it alone now got rid of the shadows on the icons and I am happy.

03-11-2011 02:21 PM
    The OS must be pulling the f'ing icons from somewhere. I have the correct folder name in my theme. The correct icon names, I flushed the icon cache and even flushed it manually. I finally got fed up and replaced the icon files in the .app folder and still it will not change grrrrrr
    03-11-2011 02:31 PM
    The OS must be pulling the f'ing icons from somewhere. I have the correct folder name in my theme. The correct icon names, I flushed the icon cache and even flushed it manually. I finally got fed up and replaced the icon files in the .app folder and still it will not change grrrrrr
    If you replaced them in the .app folder and the old ones ares still showing, then the issues has to be a cache issue... or the fact that they are just plain stubborn.
    03-11-2011 02:40 PM
    Yeah the only problem is I don't know where the hell they are being pulled from, I swear I'm pulling my hair out. They are the Apple apps (Voices and Garageband) so the freaking buggers must have hidden it somewhere. I emptied the icon cache both with an app and manually. So I really don't understand why they are so freaking stubborn.

BTW IcyHot that homescreen looks saweet good work man
    03-11-2011 02:50 PM
    I'll leave it alone now got rid of the shadows on the icons and I am happy.

did you have to photoshop your twitter icon?
    03-11-2011 03:49 PM
    No sir I didn't. It's straight out of the CarbonX HD Pro theme.

@Ipheuria, thanks man but there was no way I could have EVER done it without everyone's help. Did the link I sent you in the email work?? And I thought this CarbonX Pro theme had another alternate keyboard.
    03-11-2011 04:49 PM
    No sir I didn't. It's straight out of the CarbonX HD Pro theme.
    gotcha. so they are fixed in the new (paid) version?
    03-11-2011 05:06 PM
    By fixed, what do you mean. The shadows gone?? Because the same icon is in the free version too. But on the website it told me which icons to rename to get rid of the shadow.
    03-11-2011 05:24 PM
    When you renamed the files did the stock icons change at all? I think it's the usual fix I think but the by product is stock icons become square instead of rounded.

Well I'm going to try one more thing with the stock icons to get them to change. The stock icons are a different size than my custom icon. So I'm going to resize them so that the custom ones are the exact same. If that doesn't work I'm going to customize all the other icons and come back to the stock ones after. However I don't care if I have to tear the OS apart I'm going to change them
    03-11-2011 05:35 PM
1,024 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD