Damn, Hank. you have taken this theming thing to another whole level. Congrats!
    Thanks for the kind words, BLiNK, but you may have me confused with someone who knows what they are doing! I just found something I liked and started poking around... lots to learn... and when you learn something, that just leads to more to learn!

Here's where I am in the project... but still want to add at least the Favorites from LockInfo to this screen if I can figure it out... going to check with Lexs1411 that Massie found and see if there's anything that she is doing that could make it work...

Attachment 8319
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    03-06-2011 04:57 PM
    Thanks for the kind words, BLiNK, but you may have me confused with someone who knows what they are doing! I just found something I like and started poking around... lots to learn... and when you learn something, that just leads to more to learn!

Here's where I am in the project... but still want to add at least the Favorites from LockInfo to this screen if I can figure it out... going to check with Lexs1411 that Massie found and see if there's anything that she is doing that could make it work...

Attachment 8319
    What happens when you tap on this icon alerts when there are items in them? Do you have options to handle them from the home screen?
    03-06-2011 05:36 PM
    That's part of the issue... they are information only...not "clickable" links like with the other version(s) of the Lockinfo screen...
    03-06-2011 05:51 PM
    Hank, any luck with using the themed lockinfo homescreen and an unthemed Infoshade at the same time?
    03-06-2011 07:01 PM
    Sorry, I meant Lockscreen.
    03-06-2011 07:01 PM
    03-06-2011 10:07 PM
    For those looking for a typophone 4 theme that fits on the screen, here is one I found, although you'll need to customize it to your liking..

tp4.bbOliver.rar
    03-07-2011 12:02 PM
    I got a question. I love some of the icons in certain icon packs, and not fond of others. I wonder how I would go about making my own icon pack with a mixture of icons. Is it complicated lol
    03-07-2011 01:30 PM
    I got a question. I love some of the icons in certain icon packs, and not fond of others. I wonder how I would go about making my own icon pack with a mixture of icons. Is it complicated lol
    nope you just ssh in to your phone to the var/stash/Themes folder and download the themes to your computer. You will find either a folder with the theme structure inside or you will find a .theme file. If you have a .theme file I usually create a folder with the same name then right click the .theme file and select show package contents. Then you can copy the contents to your folder you created. Then create a new folder with whatever name you want to give your theme and copy from the theme folder to your folder keeping the same structure. Go through this tutorial Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

Knowing how to make your own theme translates into customizing themes into your own. I usually incorporate different things into my theme to minimize the different options in Winterboard. So I will incorporate sliders, no cam sound, black scroll bars, etc. I put them all together into my custom theme to simplify Winterboard selections.
    03-07-2011 01:57 PM
    See, I like this set up.....the icons are from the CarbonX icon packs (there are several of them)

But I like the mail icon in the jPhone theme that you told me abouth. This one...

I wish I could get the mail icon into the carbonX icon packs lol
    03-07-2011 02:06 PM
    follow my instructions above and what you do is look inside the Carbon X folder you will see Bundles\com.apple.mobilemail you should see the same folder in the jphone folder just drag the icon@2x.png into the CarbonX. Then SSH the com.apple.mobilemail folder in Carbon X to your phone under var/stash/themes into the Carbon X /Bundles and then go into Winterboard de-select Carbon X then re-select it and respring. Also can you email me the Carbon X folder you have? I don't have the Twitter icon also go take a look in my Theming Tips thread the last entry I made will help you get rid of the shadows behind the icons in your dock.

PS
    Also you should try going into the Folders in CarbonX on your phone and rename the MobileIcons.Framework folder. This will make your stock icons not so square with shadows. If you don't like how it looks just rename the folder back to what it was before.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 03-07-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    03-07-2011 02:57 PM
    We don't see too many iPad themes so I thought I'd post up mine so far. I just started playing with it today. What I usually do is combine themes I like to form a custom theme while I work on my own themes. So here is my custom theme for now I'll say which themes I used to make it up.

(Notice the greek symbol for the carrier logo)

Lockscreen - Sliders: A better Tap to unlock(iPhone 4 theme)
    Homescreen and icons - It's a mixture of My own custom icons, Carbon X, iQ Brushed iPad and A I R iPad
    03-07-2011 03:02 PM
    Dude, I got the mailbox!! Ok, I will try to email you the folder you want, because you want the twitter icon correct??
    03-07-2011 03:38 PM
    You got it Thanks very much!
    03-07-2011 03:49 PM
    You want me to email you the Twitter icon, or the entire folder? Its not in the CarbonX theme folder, its in another icon folder. Just PM me your email addy and I will send it to you.
    03-07-2011 04:08 PM
    PMed I must say using my iPad themed makes it feel like a whole new iPad
    03-07-2011 05:02 PM
    PMed I must say using my iPad themed makes it feel like a whole new iPad
    Your screenshots look really nice. Makes me want one even more.
    03-07-2011 05:05 PM
    Your screenshots look really nice. Makes me want one even more.
    lol hold out for the iPad 2 it's the same price and will be much more powerful.
    03-07-2011 05:11 PM
    03-07-2011 05:15 PM
    Hank, any luck with using the themed lockinfo homescreen and an unthemed Infoshade at the same time?
    Nothing yet. Everything I am reading here and elsewhere (mainly MacRumors) seem to indicate it's one or the other... grrr... have sent the developer a note and asked for clarification and/or a new "tool".
    03-07-2011 06:40 PM
    Nothing yet. Everything I am reading here and elsewhere (mainly MacRumors) seem to indicate it's one or the other... grrr... have sent the developer a note and asked for clarification and/or a new "tool".
    The question was asked in this thread, and the dev did respond:
    "I understand what you are getting at but to be totally honest I have no idea
    how or if that can be done"

So for now I've just gone back to my usual setup. Too bad, it's a great looking design for the lock screen!
    03-07-2011 10:12 PM
    The question was asked in this thread, and the dev did respond:
    "I understand what you are getting at but to be totally honest I have no idea
    how or if that can be done"

So for now I've just gone back to my usual setup. Too bad, it's a great looking design for the lock screen!
    Thanks, Massie... not sure how I missed that... but it is what it is...
    03-07-2011 10:25 PM
    That's okay, it's a fast moving thread. I only noticed because it was me who asked. Massie was already taken as a username over there.
    03-07-2011 11:19 PM
    I changed the Facebook icon. Now, for me, this is almost perfection.

And my texting screen...

Last edited by Icyhot1966; 03-08-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    03-07-2011 11:57 PM
    Very nice work, Icy...
    03-08-2011 07:36 AM
1,024 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD