going with the stock approach for a little bit, with the exception of..

LiveClock Dark | Better White Icon Labels | FolderEnhancer
    SpringClean | Clear Folder Background | Transparent Dock (4.2.1)

Last edited by BLiNK; 02-26-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    02-26-2011 02:05 PM
    Update to my message above.

I followed your instructions to other posters and your link to hackthatphone, and I was able to change the background to my folder icons! Thank you so much.

All I had to do was edit one of the folder-icon backgrounds that I had downloaded from Cydia but that didn't work. I found the correct files iFile and simply added ~iphone to the file string. Voile, it worked!

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the TiPb community, it's truly appreciated.
    No prob man sorry I didn't get back to you faster. I put my email address you should shoot me a PM or email next time it'll be faster response sometimes. BLiNK have you tried the CarbonX theme?
    mededitor likes this.
    02-26-2011 03:10 PM
    Theme: Lisse

02-26-2011 04:38 PM
    ^^^^^I like I like
    Hank no word from you how did it go with the themes I sent you back?
    02-27-2011 01:34 AM
    ^^^^^I like I like
    Hank no word from you how did it go with the themes I sent you back?
    Thanks for the help... it looks pretty good... I've been tweaking a few more new icons... and will try to roll them into the theme files... but what you sent back is pretty much exactly what I was looking for... appreciate the help.
    02-27-2011 02:01 AM
    no problemo glad to help
    02-27-2011 02:28 AM
    New question... is there a known issue with the font sizes on the Typophone lockscreen theme/app or is it something I am doing/have done? The text runs off both the left and right edges just a tad... at first I thought it was kind of different, but it's starting to annoy... and I notice that not all of the screen shots are that way...

Any clues how to fix it?
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-06-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    02-27-2011 10:21 AM
    New question... is there a known issue with the font sizes on the Typophone lockscreen theme/app or is it something I am doing/have done? The text runs off both the left and right edges just a tad... at first I thought it was kind of different, but it's starting to annoy... and I notice that not all of the screen shots are that way...

Any clues how to fix it?
    That's how the theme is. I had it a while ago and that's just the way it is.
    02-27-2011 10:42 AM
    that's one of the unique characteristics of the Typophone theme

there are tutorials/mods out there to change it so it can all fit

Massie posted something about it a while back, maybe he can again??
    02-27-2011 10:43 AM
    See? I guess you could write the programmer.
    02-27-2011 10:43 AM
    I will search around and see if I can tweak it to me liking... thanks...
    02-27-2011 11:01 AM
    I was playing around with the folder background and the folder border thought you guys might like to see.

I still have to fix the background inside the folder once it expands I want to take the ridges away. I wanted to have the ridges act like drawers for the icons but I'll have to play with that so for now I'm just going to get rid of them till it's finalized.
    Edited

It's not the final but this isn't even my theme it's my testing theme so I don't think I'm going to spend time on it now.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 03-01-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    02-28-2011 09:57 AM
    For the typophone thing, you should just be able to edit the time in the CSS file to change widths.

For the other things look in the HTML file for the img width values and try adjusting those.
    02-28-2011 11:04 AM
    E is for Ezra theme (proceeds go to help fight cancer) with "E is for Ezra Weather" add-on, UniAWv3 weather widget.
    02-28-2011 05:53 PM
    I've been playing with this one.

I love the simplicity of this lock screen. Anybody know the name? Cannot locate via the name stated in the thread...help?
    02-28-2011 06:56 PM

Any clues how to fix it?
    Maybe it's supposed to be inspired by Windows Phone 7. I remember seeing screenshots when it was released that the text did the same thing.
    03-01-2011 02:09 AM
    I was playing around with the folder background and the folder border thought you guys might like to see.
    I really like those app icons and the clear folders!
    03-01-2011 02:14 AM
    this is so disordered when you can befall across leviathan misstep to wyprawy kuberia pl]wycieczki maroko couse is wonderful boondocks when you
    belief in behalf of to be undeviating again it alongside wyprawy grupawiacek pl]off road 4x4
    03-01-2011 02:54 AM
    My current homescreen. And, yes, that's the current temp in fahrenheit here in Florida.
    hi Guys.. first post on here..

how can i get that clock and temp on my screen like yours?
    03-01-2011 05:00 AM

Have you jail broken your phone?
    03-01-2011 06:51 AM
    I really like those app icons and the clear folders!
    Thanks, some are from the Carbon X HD theme, CarbonX in Cydia. It's a wicked theme I had to donate after I got it really sweet. The only thing is when you apply it there is a mod that will set it so that there is no black shadow behind some icons this turns the stock icons into a square non rounded icon. I didn't like it so I removed the folder MobileIcons.Framework folder from the theme to remove it. I only had two app icons that had the shadow so I removed those too and just used my own alternates. There are also my own custom icons in there too so let me know if you want any of them I can send it to you. I put up the steps to get the clear folders a couple pages back although someone said there are other tweaks in Cydia which do the same thing. So go back a couple pages and you'll find the info.

mr_r you should start from the first page there are explanations of alot of things and links to tutorials to get your started. I know it's alot of pages but there are also alot of cool screenshots. You do have to be JBen like BusyMe asked and after that you just need Winterboard and some themes from Cydia. There are free ones, ones you have to pay for, others which are free but ask that you make a donation.
    msm0511 likes this.
    03-01-2011 08:43 AM
    Update to my message above.

I followed your instructions to other posters and your link to hackthatphone, and I was able to change the background to my folder icons! Thank you so much.

All I had to do was edit one of the folder-icon backgrounds that I had downloaded from Cydia but that didn't work. I found the correct files iFile and simply added ~iphone to the file string. Voile, it worked!

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the TiPb community, it's truly appreciated.
    Let me know if you got my emails and how the theme turned out? I have some time today so if it's still giving you trouble I will make my own theme with the folder borders and background like you want and send it to you. I hardly ever use the Cydia themes I find it's better for me to get them and then upload them to my computer and take out the elements I like and incorporate them into my theme. This way I don't have a bajillion checkmarks in Winterboard just two or three.
    03-01-2011 08:48 AM
    Thanks, some are from the Carbon X HD theme
    Thanks! I actually found Carbon X HD at 5 this morning cuz I couldn't sleep. Still playing with some of the icons. The Carbon X HD Pro looks pretty cool, so I'm gonna get it when it comes out. It's 2.99, so I didn't donate to the free version since I 'm gonna buy the paid. I'll let you know on the icons, I do like some of yours better. I'm gonna try and play on my own first though.
    03-01-2011 12:49 PM

when/if you are jailbroken search in Cydia for this WeatherIcon
    03-01-2011 03:45 PM
    Thanks! I actually found Carbon X HD at 5 this morning cuz I couldn't sleep. Still playing with some of the icons. The Carbon X HD Pro looks pretty cool, so I'm gonna get it when it comes out. It's 2.99, so I didn't donate to the free version since I 'm gonna buy the paid. I'll let you know on the icons, I do like some of yours better. I'm gonna try and play on my own first though.
    sounds good man just let me know add me on twitter or I've put my email on here. Yeah I love the theme let me know how the Pro is ;0)
    03-01-2011 08:27 PM
1,024 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD