Any way to get 4.2.1 on when you have the ipad baseband?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
itunes is not allowing a restore to 4.2.1 assuming because the phone has the "wrong" baseband.

Any way to get the phone to work again? I have shsh blobs saved on cydia but returning to 4.1 isn't working.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
itunes is not allowing a restore to 4.2.1 assuming because the phone has the "wrong" baseband.

Any way to get the phone to work again? I have shsh blobs saved on cydia but returning to 4.1 isn't working.

you need to use update not restore...

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
The only option allowed there is restore though. The phone is in an endless connect to itunes loop.

Thats because you used restore before. Update doesnt have the baseband check. Once you fail that check it throws you into that loop. Use TU to kick you out...

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Wait... are you trying to restore to stock 4.2.1?? You need to be using a custom IPSW...

I'll go back to the beginning. Phone was on 4.2.1, jb and unlocked but the unlock wouldnt work. Decided to erase the phone and try a second time but now when 4.2.1 is finishes, it goes right to itunes logo, nothing brings it out of that loop.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I'll go back to the beginning. Phone was on 4.2.1, jb and unlocked but the unlock wouldnt work. Decided to erase the phone and try a second time but now when 4.2.1 is finishes, it goes right to itunes logo, nothing brings it out of that loop.

What baseband do you have on the phone? If its anything other than what 4.2.1 comes with, you cannot restore to stock firmware, you need to use custom firmware from now on.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
What baseband do you have on the phone? If its anything other than what 4.2.1 comes with, you cannot restore to stock firmware, you need to use custom firmware from now on.

Yeah I have the ipad one because i wanted it unlocked.

Ok, so i can install a custom one? What would I use for Windows?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Redsn0w will make the custom ipsw from 4.2.1 stock for you... If its not working, use 4.1 ipsw with redsn0w, then use itunes to update to 4.2.1 and then use redsnow with 4.2.1 to JB.

Oh that's what you meant? That doesn't work either. I'm fairly sure I'm using it properly but the way you speak of it, it almost sounds like a different program that does something other than what I am aware it can do lol

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Oh that's what you meant? That doesn't work either. I'm fairly sure I'm using it properly but the way you speak of it, it almost sounds like a different program that does something other than what I am aware it can do lol

LOL... I dunno man, its worked for me... Maybe try using pwnagetool?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox