Dial names/numbers from dailer?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Im looking for an app/hack that will let me dail a name/phone number..... Instead of going to contacts to search for a name and then click on the contact then number to dail.... Thx.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Im looking for an app/hack that will let me dail a name/phone number..... Instead of going to contacts to search for a name and then click on the contact then number to dail.... Thx.

I thought the iPhone was like any smart phone and allowed you to "smart dial" meaning if a phone number started with "425" you csn dial 245 or if a contact is named amy dial 269

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just go to phone, keypad?? Or is this a trick question where the answer looks simple, but it is not? :)

bikedogrun

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I missed this capability from my Android HTC Sense-based phone too.

Finally found OneTouch, which is in the App Store @ $3.99 (and does not need jailbreak). You can set speed-dials from 2-9 and it will look-up contact numbers so if you start dialing 5-6-4-6 (you're spelling John on the keypad) the first John in your contact list is shown and you just "touch" on that name to see all of the names beginning or ending in John from your list.

Works well for me, I'm jail-broken on 4.1 ///

/BD :cool:

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
If you're jailbroken:

iSmart dialer

Its not an app, but an extension to the current phone app. Been using it for about a year now and it works great. Plus you can spell a person's name on the key pad and it gives you the option to dial, text or email them from the phone app.

Ernesto

bikedogrun

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're jailbroken: iSmart dialer

Its not an app, but an extension to the current phone app. Been using it for about a year now and it works great. Plus you can spell a person's name on the key pad and it gives you the option to dial, text or email them from the phone app.
Yes... both are similar. Both cost $3.99 ///

Both also have a free trial. iSmart is jail-broken only and OneTouch works jail-broke or not. Try them both & decide...

/BD :cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal