Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, I'm jailbroken.

39 63.93%
  • Heck no!

10 16.39%
  • Not Sure Yet

12 19.67%
    How many of you are jailbreaking your phones, and how many aren't, or undecided? Why jailbreak, why you aren't? Educate us
    12-10-2010 07:30 PM
    Take a look at the thread in the jailbreak forum asking the same question.

http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...team-pure.html
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    12-10-2010 08:40 PM
    Ahhh yess but this one has a poll .
    12-10-2010 08:54 PM
    Hahahaha!!!

Kudos to you, btw, for being the first member of Team Pure to post in that thread.
    xxDruMMer BoYxx likes this.
    12-11-2010 07:07 AM
    jailbreak or bust!!!

LOCKIN' IN FOR THE iPad win!
    12-11-2010 02:08 PM
    why not jailbreak ? is my question.
    now I'm not hardcore, but mywi, and bitesms are worth it alone
    12-11-2010 09:40 PM
    #teampure FTW. Not knocking the JB crowd but I just don't need it.
    12-11-2010 11:19 PM
    Tram pure!! Mainly because I think I'll really screw something up!!
    12-11-2010 11:34 PM
    Tram pure!! Mainly because I think I'll really screw something up!!
    You wont... Read my FAQ, know what you are doing before you do it, and youll be fine
    12-11-2010 11:48 PM
    OK all the Team pure peeps go to the link Alli provided it's such a one sided arguement I'd really love to see if anyone could come up with one point I'd actually say hmmmm I honestly think that is a real consideration not to jailbreak.
    12-12-2010 01:01 AM
    #teampure FTW. Not knocking the JB crowd but I just don't need it.
    Pretty much my take.
    12-12-2010 01:06 AM
    iquinn and ChairmanPlow - why do you feel you just don't need it? It doesn't cost anything, it won't hurt performance.

It's kinda like getting the sweatshirt with the hood for the same price as the one without it. Why wouldn't you get it? Even if you think you'll never use it....there will be that one cold day....
    12-12-2010 09:17 AM
    Repetitive post is repetitive...repeat.
    12-12-2010 09:20 AM
    iquinn and ChairmanPlow - why do you feel you just don't need it? It doesn't cost anything, it won't hurt performance.

It's kinda like getting the sweatshirt with the hood for the same price as the one without it. Why wouldn't you get it? Even if you think you'll never use it....there will be that one cold day....
    I see your point, however I just don't have much use for any of the JB features. My iPhone does everything that I want it to.
    12-12-2010 11:12 AM

When I had my 3GS, I did it just for the sake of doing it.... to see what was available outside of what the App store had to offer. Since then I've messed with Android for a while, and briefly returned to BlackBerry. Now that I purchased the iPhone 4, it pretty much does what I want it to do already. So there's no real need for me to jailbreak. That may change later on, but for now it's fine as is.
    12-12-2010 01:24 PM
    Put it this way, Jailbreaking was one of the main reasons which swayed me away from my Blackberry.
    12-12-2010 03:06 PM
    Put it this way, Jailbreaking was one of the main reasons which swayed me away from my Blackberry.
    ANYTHING would be a good reason reason to switch from blackberry.
    12-12-2010 03:20 PM
    I'm guessing here, but you must have not been using it as part of your business establishment's day to day activities right? Cos I'd think jailbroken phones aren't looked upon kindly by network admins if they're used on the company's network. I heard from a family member they didn't let him jailbreak the phone he used for work.
    12-12-2010 03:40 PM
    I jailbreak sometimes, and go clean others
    12-12-2010 04:07 PM
    ANYTHING would be a good reason to switch from blackberry.
    Agreed. LOL

12-13-2010 09:23 AM

It's kind of like trying to push a DVR on folks who don't have it. Often i hear, they don't need it..no use for it.

Or back in the dialup days. Get broadband. It's always online, much faster. "No, don't need it..i don't use internet that much"

Or saying the iphone 3GS needed more resolution. "What do you mean? Don't need that"

You don't miss what is unknown to you.
    12-13-2010 10:16 AM
    I have no need for JB. I don't care about themes, springboarding this or that, sb settings (I don't go into system settings very often). There is nothing that jb offers that will enhance my productivity. I have a free aircard if I ever want to tether and I never use it. Also, I don't want to have to restore my phone just to get warranty work on it. There is nothing wrong with jailbreaking unless they are just doing it for pirating, which the vast majority don't do. It's just not for me. I've done it before, but went back to stock within a day.
    12-13-2010 11:00 AM
    I have no need for JB. I don't care about themes, springboarding this or that, sb settings (I don't go into system settings very often). There is nothing that jb offers that will enhance my productivity. I have a free aircard if I ever want to tether and I never use it. Also, I don't want to have to restore my phone just to get warranty work on it. There is nothing wrong with jailbreaking unless they are just doing it for pirating, which the vast majority don't do. It's just not for me. I've done it before, but went back to stock within a day.
    Well spoken sir. That is exactly how I feel.
    12-13-2010 11:58 AM
    Since I'm not an iPhone owner I don't have all that need for jailbreaking... If I jailbreak one day will be for trying and for some tweaks like that cubic springboard... So yeah, not that much of a need to me...
    12-13-2010 04:46 PM
    On the fence still. Would only jailbreak to have tethering capability and I'm not sure I'd use it enough to be worth the potential headaches/issues.

Someone talk me into it. (I have a 3GS btw)
    12-23-2010 04:30 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD