4.2.1 untethered is almost here...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
finally made the jump to the iP4 but unfortunately it came loaded with iOS 4.2.1 :mad:

coming from the 3G to this is like night and day! AMAZING!

i am definitely having fun with this for now but i will be looking forward to an untethered jailbreak (hopefully) for sure...

i'm rockin' the "spell" text tone for now haha!

Apple Ifad

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda curious as what happened to "shatter" that was announced awhile back that was supposed to be only fixable through a hardware revision.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda curious as what happened to "shatter" that was announced awhile back that was supposed to be only fixable through a hardware revision.

They are saving it so Apple won't know what to fix in a new hardware design in case it will work on the next series of iDevices.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
WOW Devorikk, way to try and ruin another thread. So it says "almost here" so what give it a rest. If you don't like the users on this forum and what they say then I suggest you look for another forum rather than just talk trash on other peoples threads.

Reactions: Sphinx

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

Like stated before Shatter is being kept for the next gen hardware. The Limera1n exploit still works for iOS 4.2.1 as I am jailbroken using redsn0w which utilizes Limera1n but they are still working on a way to make it untethered as it is only a tethered jailbreak as of now.

Devorikk

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Fascinating....

So I'm apparently being accused of trying to "ruin another thread" (I was unaware I ruined one somewhere?) and "breaking balls"....

First of all, I could care less if a jailbreak comes out tomorrow or in 2017. I'm new to TiPb and when I saw the resident Jailbreak Genius say that one was coming out soon, I started checking back quite often...

It turns out it in fact wasn't 'almost here' and Farbod posted a very nice message in another thread apologizing (even though I don't feel like he needed to apologize for anything, especially if he actually believed it was going to be leaked a couple weekends ago)...

My "is it?" comment on this thread occurred prior to Farbod's posting, but regardless of that...I see folks talking about the people of TiPb being welcoming and helpful but the two people that decided to attack me here don't give me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to even respond but maybe this will help some people come up with rational opinions.

--Dev

Reactions: farbod21

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So I'm apparently being accused of trying to "ruin another thread" (I was unaware I ruined one somewhere?) and "breaking balls"....

First of all, I could care less if a jailbreak comes out tomorrow or in 2017. I'm new to TiPb and when I saw the resident Jailbreak Genius say that one was coming out soon, I started checking back quite often...

It turns out it in fact wasn't 'almost here' and Farbod posted a very nice message in another thread apologizing (even though I don't feel like he needed to apologize for anything, especially if he actually believed it was going to be leaked a couple weekends ago)...

My "is it?" comment on this thread occurred prior to Farbod's posting, but regardless of that...I see folks talking about the people of TiPb being welcoming and helpful but the two people that decided to attack me here don't give me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to even respond but maybe this will help some people come up with rational opinions.

--Dev

Honestly if youve followed my posts or blog entries youd know that I hate announcing things or talking about things before they are released. There are always delays and false rumors. I made the mistake of going against my own policy and tried to inform people who were thinking about upgrading to a tethered jailbreak...

I feel bad that there was some friction on both sides... The people that you are referring to are very warm, friendly, and helpful people and you seem like a smart and friendly guy yourself. I hope it doesnt keep you from posting more often at TiPb, since I take responsibility for setting that fire...

Cheers

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
why not just order a new button. then you get to keep your phone

It isn't as simple as that. I said in my previous post i'd already taken it apart and fixed it once. The problem was that my camera for some reason was not cut right (probably faulty) and it was causing the sleep wake button (which lies right underneath it) to sink into the phone. So not only would I of had to replace the button which was now stripped on part, I would have had to replace the camera as well.

No reason to pay for that when I'm still under warranty.

I swapped it and got lucky, I swapped it anyways and got a phone on 4.1 still

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
How did you fix it? Is the switch still intact on the PCB? From what you're saying, it sounds like it actually needs to be replaced.

It did need to be replaced. The camera casing is what was causing the issue. Just went and swapped. New phone was on 4.1 so I'm jailbroken again :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro