WOW Devorikk, way to try and ruin another thread. So it says "almost here" so what give it a rest. If you don't like the users on this forum and what they say then I suggest you look for another forum rather than just talk trash on other peoples threads.
    Sphinx likes this.
    12-15-2010 10:47 PM
    "4.2.1 untethered is almost here... "

It is?
    If you came here to break balls, we're all better off with you not being here at all. Remember, these guys give us the Jailbreak for free. There's a lot you ingrates could learn from such generosity.
    12-16-2010 01:57 AM
    I'm kinda curious as what happened to "shatter" that was announced awhile back that was supposed to be only fixable through a hardware revision.
    Like stated before Shatter is being kept for the next gen hardware. The Limera1n exploit still works for iOS 4.2.1 as I am jailbroken using redsn0w which utilizes Limera1n but they are still working on a way to make it untethered as it is only a tethered jailbreak as of now.
    12-16-2010 02:08 AM
    So I'm apparently being accused of trying to "ruin another thread" (I was unaware I ruined one somewhere?) and "breaking balls"....

First of all, I could care less if a jailbreak comes out tomorrow or in 2017. I'm new to TiPb and when I saw the resident Jailbreak Genius say that one was coming out soon, I started checking back quite often...

It turns out it in fact wasn't 'almost here' and Farbod posted a very nice message in another thread apologizing (even though I don't feel like he needed to apologize for anything, especially if he actually believed it was going to be leaked a couple weekends ago)...

My "is it?" comment on this thread occurred prior to Farbod's posting, but regardless of that...I see folks talking about the people of TiPb being welcoming and helpful but the two people that decided to attack me here don't give me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to even respond but maybe this will help some people come up with rational opinions.

--Dev
    farbod21 likes this.
    12-16-2010 09:08 AM

First of all, I could care less if a jailbreak comes out tomorrow or in 2017.

--Dev
    You could care less?
    12-16-2010 04:44 PM
    So I'm apparently being accused of trying to "ruin another thread" (I was unaware I ruined one somewhere?) and "breaking balls"....

First of all, I could care less if a jailbreak comes out tomorrow or in 2017. I'm new to TiPb and when I saw the resident Jailbreak Genius say that one was coming out soon, I started checking back quite often...

It turns out it in fact wasn't 'almost here' and Farbod posted a very nice message in another thread apologizing (even though I don't feel like he needed to apologize for anything, especially if he actually believed it was going to be leaked a couple weekends ago)...

My "is it?" comment on this thread occurred prior to Farbod's posting, but regardless of that...I see folks talking about the people of TiPb being welcoming and helpful but the two people that decided to attack me here don't give me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to even respond but maybe this will help some people come up with rational opinions.

--Dev
    Honestly if youve followed my posts or blog entries youd know that I hate announcing things or talking about things before they are released. There are always delays and false rumors. I made the mistake of going against my own policy and tried to inform people who were thinking about upgrading to a tethered jailbreak...

I feel bad that there was some friction on both sides... The people that you are referring to are very warm, friendly, and helpful people and you seem like a smart and friendly guy yourself. I hope it doesnt keep you from posting more often at TiPb, since I take responsibility for setting that fire...

Cheers
    12-16-2010 05:17 PM
    why not just order a new button. then you get to keep your phone
    It isn't as simple as that. I said in my previous post i'd already taken it apart and fixed it once. The problem was that my camera for some reason was not cut right (probably faulty) and it was causing the sleep wake button (which lies right underneath it) to sink into the phone. So not only would I of had to replace the button which was now stripped on part, I would have had to replace the camera as well.

No reason to pay for that when I'm still under warranty.

I swapped it and got lucky, I swapped it anyways and got a phone on 4.1 still
    12-16-2010 06:50 PM
    How did you fix it? Is the switch still intact on the PCB? From what you're saying, it sounds like it actually needs to be replaced.
    It did need to be replaced. The camera casing is what was causing the issue. Just went and swapped. New phone was on 4.1 so I'm jailbroken again
    12-16-2010 06:53 PM
    I swapped it and got lucky, I swapped it anyways and got a phone on 4.1 still
    what a wonderful idea! thinking i should take mine in and roll the dice on getting one with 4.1 ... now if i can just find a reason to...
    12-16-2010 10:33 PM
    You could care less?
    It's about time someone calls people out on the misuse of that phrase!
    It's "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"!!!
    12-17-2010 05:12 PM
    Just so people know I wasnt talking out of my...

12-17-2010 05:17 PM
    Farbod,

Are you sure you didn't just throw gasoline on the fire??? LOL. If it gets delayed again you will now officially be the Grinch who Stole the Untethered Christmas.
    12-17-2010 07:42 PM
    Farbod,

Are you sure you didn't just throw gasoline on the fire??? LOL. If it gets delayed again you will now officially be the Grinch who Stole the Untethered Christmas.
    Haha... no because this time I am not the one saying it... Go annoy comex
    12-17-2010 07:44 PM
    I'm just sitting with my fingers crossed that it will be here and it will be simple. I'm taking my netbook with me so I can do this!
    12-17-2010 09:39 PM
    Tomorrow is my birthday, would be nice if it came out then......lol
    12-18-2010 01:04 AM
    Tomorrow is my birthday, would be nice if it came out then......lol
    Happy birthday man!
    12-18-2010 01:29 AM
    It's about time someone calls people out on the misuse of that phrase!
    It's "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"!!!
    both phrases work fine. "I could care less" simply says they could care even less than they do now, expressing their deep distain which appears bottomless. "I couldn't care less" is more direct and leaves no further room for distain.

Reality? We always could care less than we do for something. I don't believe we EVER reach the bottom.
    12-18-2010 01:50 AM
    both phrases work fine. "I could care less" simply says they could care even less than they do now, expressing their deep distain which appears bottomless. "I couldn't care less" is more direct and leaves no further room for distain.

Reality? We always could care less than we do for something. I don't believe we EVER reach the bottom.
    I think David Mitchell explains it quite nicely:

David Mitchell's Soapbox
    12-18-2010 07:54 AM
    both phrases work fine. "I could care less" simply says they could care even less than they do now, expressing their deep distain which appears bottomless.
    What a steaming load of nonsense. Check David Mitchell's soapbox. The logic is simple.
    12-18-2010 11:53 AM
    I went ahead and did the tethered JB on my new iPhone 4 thats on 4.2.1, jesus its annoying right at first!!! Cant wait for untethered
    12-18-2010 12:54 PM
    LYKE OMG. WHY CAN'TS I GETS A JAILBREAK FOR MINES IPHONE????

That's what this all looks like to me, every time I read this thread.

IT WILL BE HERE, WHEN IT'S HERE!
    12-18-2010 02:04 PM
    LYKE OMG. WHY CAN'TS I GETS A JAILBREAK FOR MINES IPHONE????

That's what this all looks like to me, every time I read this thread.

IT WILL BE HERE, WHEN IT'S HERE!
    And the value of your post was what?
    12-18-2010 03:58 PM
    And the value of your post was what?
    The point was in the last statement. Stop asking. It will be here, when it's here.
    12-18-2010 04:13 PM
    I think David Mitchell explains it quite nicely:

David Mitchell's Soapbox
    All well and good but I don't believe the phrase "I couldn't care less." is ever a true statement no matter how serious the speaker is.
    12-18-2010 06:31 PM
    All well and good but I don't believe the phrase "I couldn't care less." is ever a true statement no matter how serious the speaker is.
    Actually, I can think of a circumstance where it would be 100% true:

Person tells me: "Your ex-wife has a terminal disease and will die a painful death"
    Me: "I couldn't care less"

No statement truer than that one- sorry.

Also, apologies to all for being WAY off topic.
    12-18-2010 07:02 PM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD