Can someone explain to me how the HDR process works on the new iPhone. What's the difference and why are there two pics?
    12-07-2010 03:49 PM
    HDR taks 3 photos 1 over contrast 1 normal & 1 under contrast. Then it combines the 3 photos together to give you what it thinks is a better photo; it leaves 2 photos behind to show you one without HDR and another with HDR. HDR can either make your photo better, or worse in my opinion.
    12-07-2010 03:55 PM
    HDR taks 3 photos 1 over contrast 1 normal & 1 under contrast. Then it combines the 3 photos together to give you what it thinks is a better photo; it leaves 2 photos behind to show you one without HDR and another with HDR. HDR can either make your photo better, or worse in my opinion.
    It depends on how the photo was taken. I always take photos (With my Nikon or my EVO) slow. Meaning, I wait for it to auto focus and get a clear image in the view finder before I press the shutter button. That helps out a lot on any camera.
    12-07-2010 04:36 PM
    It's honestly way better to use a high resolution like a dslr for photos rather than an hdr, but most people don't have those, obviously hence the hdr setting. I think it helps depending on the situation.
    12-07-2010 07:03 PM
    It's honestly way better to use a high resolution like a dslr for photos rather than an hdr, but most people don't have those, obviously hence the hdr setting. I think it helps depending on the situation.
    But we are not talking about actual cameras, only the cameras on the iphone.
    12-08-2010 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD