4.2 JB Tether to multiple PCs?

jbilbo

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Newbie here. Just got a iPhone 4 and upgraded immediately to 4.2. :(

Now that I'm looking to JB and the tether is the only option at this point, can I tether to any PC if I need to reboot the phone?

If I can tether only to one PC, that might make it harder for me if something happens while away from home.

thanks for the info!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it works the same as tethering the past, yes, you can tether to any pc. You'll just have to carry your j/b with you on a memory stick or something.

Ashere

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Alli I am think about Jailbreak but have one question the I get mixed reviews from when I ask it. Is jailbreaking secure? Does it leave my personal information open to attacks?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Alli I am think about Jailbreak but have one question the I get mixed reviews from when I ask it. Is jailbreaking secure? Does it leave my personal information open to attacks?

No, there are no extra security issues unless you add your own repos or download and install OpenSSH (just change your password if you do). Please check out my FAQ for more info...

Also if you need to retether, make sure you have redsn0w, the ipsw file, and itunes installed on the computer...

jbilbo

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
from farbod ---
Also if you need to retether, make sure you have redsn0w, the ipsw file, and itunes installed on the computer...
----

Thanks Farbod! Looks i like have a good use for my 8gb usb stick now. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner