Jailbreak ???? Help Please

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I just recently had to purchase a new Iphone 4 and jailbroke it just like my other using Limera1n, something happened in Itunes and it would not detect my phone so I had to restore. By doing this it installed 4.2.1, do I have any options to get my jailbreak back? I saved my SHSH on 4.1 on my other device, but not this one. Is there a way to use tiny umbrella to restore this one to the old firmware? Thanks for the help!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
No. SHSH are device specific.

Your best bet is to either wait or if you dont mind a tethered jailbreak for the time being, using redsn0w to jailbreak your device. Use the most recent version and make sure that iTunes is closed.

After the jailbreak you will need to reboot with redsn0w and checking the tethered reboot option only. You might have to do this a couple times with the cydia updates as well...

Reactions: wsm23#IM

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried the redsn0w and I was having troubles, is there a tutorial somewhere that might explain better? I was under the assumption the I had to download the redsn0w file and the restore file and restore thru Itunes?????

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I tried the redsn0w and I was having troubles, is there a tutorial somewhere that might explain better? I was under the assumption the I had to download the redsn0w file and the restore file and restore thru Itunes?????

No, you dont even use itunes to jailbreak. Download 4.2.1 ipsw from apple and download redsn0w. Simply start redsn0w and follow the directions, its very straightforward.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of walkthroughs on youtube. But like Farbod wrote, it's very straightforward, and the program will tell you what to do when you need to do it...

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have done that part, I get to the point to where you release home button. It pops up and says device not detected????

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I have done that part, I get to the point to where you release home button. It pops up and says device not detected????

Make sure you are following the directions exactly. Also make sure you have the newest itunes installed (but not running). Try another computer if you have one available.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I bet that is the problem, I am using my work computer and Itunes is not installed. Thanks

Hehe, thats the problem for sure. iTunes installs a DFU driver which allows the computer to see devices in DFU mode. Without this, your device will not be recognized.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a champ! Question though, Cydia has 2 updates. Do I let it update on the phone and then reboot with Redsn0w?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Worked like a champ! Question though, Cydia has 2 updates. Do I let it update on the phone and then reboot with Redsn0w?

Yup. I would install what you need to with a computer nearby as it might ask you to reboot, and then you will need redsn0w to do so. This time all you will be checking off is the reboot tethered option, and make sure you keep the ipsw file, you will always need that to retether.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
As soon as I treid to install My3g, it crashed. Ill have to wait till I get home in a few to restore and try it again. Urgh

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I will just restore at home and try it again, this time with 3g Unrestrictor. Thanks for all your help man, I really appreciate it.

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
make sure you're restoring to the right firmware for your device; it should work without a problem since you're running the current firmware.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods