Hi all,

I'm new to JB and have been wanting to jailbreak my iPhone 4 for a while now.
    I apologize in advance if I state something incorrectly I am just going off research.

Pwnage tool is apparently the best from my readings as its a very simple process and performs a custom firmware. (pretty much a button push)

I am a windows user so I don't have the luxury of using PT on my native machine so I waited for Snowbreeze but I hear its buggy and its not updated as fast as PT is when new firmwares are released. I'd like to use the free mobileme find my your iphone in 4.2 but unless I'm mistaken I have to wait for Snowbreeze to be updated.

I am getting sick of waiting and keep reading about all these fantastic apps the JB community get to use so I have been pondering installing a VM like VirtualBox and installing snow leopard and then JB my phone that way.

What do other Windows users do?

I am in Canada on Rogers I dont necessarily need to unlock my phone as I dont plan on leaving my provider but it would be nice to know I could in the future as if I left the country and wanted to grab a local SIM.

iPhone 4 Rogers 4.1 8B117 Model MC605C
    12-04-2010 11:08 PM
    hey fellow Canadian instead of going to all the trouble let me know I can cook you an ipsw. Just shoot me a PM or add me on twitter it's in my sig and I'll give you my email. I have been around here for awhile search my username i you want to know if I'm trustworthy.

PS
    Just realized you have an iPhone 4 so if you want to JB 4.1 if your still on 4.1 that can be done but right now as far as I know the 4.2 JB is tethered for iPhone 4.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 12-05-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    12-05-2010 11:44 PM
    hi iPheuria appreciate your help.

I am guessing you don't think installing a VM is worth the hassle?

I am on 4.1 still.

With pwnagetool never coming to windows and Snowbreeze being crap would it not be in my best interest tho seeing as i will eventually want to upgrade OS...

Ill hit you up on twitter as this wont let me PM till I have a certain post count.

Thx
    12-07-2010 12:14 AM
    pwnage tool >
    Snowbreeze is a horribly written program
    12-07-2010 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD