How long does it usually take for jailbreakme.com to b updated to jailbreak 4.2.1? My phone kept rebooting and I wiped everything off it and I had to restore my phone and when it was restored, it was 4.2 :/. I'm a noon to iPhone jail breaking. :/ I know there's no way to go back to 4.1 or 4.0 because k didn't save the files that Are needed to downgrade. How long does it take for a new version to be jailbroken un-tethered?
    12-01-2010 03:49 PM
    Jailbreakme.com is no longer is used because it does not work on firmware other than 4.0 and 4.0.1. As far as the other JB tools, no one knows when they will be untethered. Hopefully soon.
    12-01-2010 04:00 PM
    It does work on 4.1, i jailbroke my friends phone the other day..i hope something comes out soon. does anyone know how long it usually takes for that stuff to come out
    12-01-2010 04:03 PM
    edit.

already answered.
    12-01-2010 04:03 PM
    It does work on 4.1, i jailbroke my friends phone the other day..i hope something comes out soon. does anyone know how long it usually takes for that stuff to come out
    Jailbreakme.com does not work on 4.1. Greenpois0n, Limera1n, Redsn0w, and pwnagetool all work on 4.1 because they all use Geohot's bootrom exploit to deliver the jailbreak and use Comex's userland fix to keep it untethered.

4.0.2 was patched to stop the pdf exploit that Star (jailbreakme.com) used. Hence, 4.0.2 and anything after it will not work with it.

No one knows when 4.2.1 will be untethered...
    12-01-2010 04:06 PM
    @Farbod21.

I'm already jailbroken on 4.1 limera1n, but I don't think I've saved any shsh blobs etc...

If and when 4.2 is jailbreaked...is there anything critical I need to do to prepare myself, my concern is all the talk about apple signing/not signing 4.1 etc

I've had no internet at home for a while, so not had a chance to download any software like TinyUmbrella, not that I need an unlock...but I have the assumption that it saves the blobs to downgrade back to previous firmware should anything go wrong

Should hopefully be reconnected next week.
    12-02-2010 07:00 AM
    here's what I know, I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct it. Apple is having a baseband signature check starting with 4.2.1 This only affects you if you use pwnage tool or redsn0w which create the custom ipsw but don't upgrade the baseband. The baseband only affects you if you want to be able to unlock, the other tools limera1n, greenpois0n, etc don't usually keep the baseband. Currently there is a Jailbreak out for the 3G and 3Gs but the JB for iPhone 4 and iPad is still tethered. You should save your blobs and yes like you said it allows you to downgrade your firmware.
    12-02-2010 12:48 PM
    Cool thanks, I think i get it:o I'll have a crack at saving my blobs next week sometime.
    Last edited by OutSpoken; 12-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    12-02-2010 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD