I'm a newbie to the jailbreak. I have read a lot of how to's etc. To sum it up, I have a jailbroken 3gs using OS4 if I wanted to upgrade to 4.2 and keep the jailbreak, what is the process? Do I upgrade to 4.2 through itunes and then jailbreak again? Or can I just run the 4.2 jailbreak and it will upgrade automaticly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    11-30-2010 06:26 PM
    I'm a newbie to the jailbreak. I have read a lot of how to's etc. To sum it up, I have a jailbroken 3gs using OS4 if I wanted to upgrade to 4.2 and keep the jailbreak, what is the process? Do I upgrade to 4.2 through itunes and then jailbreak again? Or can I just run the 4.2 jailbreak and it will upgrade automaticly. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You will need to upgrade and rejailbreak, then re-apply all your jb apps and tweaks. There is no way around that and there never will be...

If you are on a 3gs with old bootrom, it will be untethered, if new bootrom it will be tethered so I suggest waiting. Either way you can use redsn0w.
    11-30-2010 07:12 PM
    Yep what he said, just want to add are you unlocked? If you are then you might want to stay on 4 or move up to 4.1 using pwnagetool if you're on a Mac.
    12-01-2010 12:04 AM
    Thanks for the help guys! Just the feedback I was looking for, I'm going to stay put for now I think. Much appreciated again.
    12-01-2010 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD