iPad 4.2.1 jailbreak must haves? Favorites?

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
So I got my iPad jail broken successfully on a tethered 4.2.1 last night. This is my first idevice, i got the ipad a few days before jail breaking it, so it was a brand new experience.
I have got Cydia up and running and my iPhone friend told me a few things I should grab, but I'm wondering what are your favorite homebrew apps, patches or themes specifically for use with iPad. I have no interest in 2x iPhone apps.

So far I've downloaded, and love, my ssh tools, iFile, and the emulators. (pulled final fantasy tactics out of the closet again. I bought this game on three different occasions :p)

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You pretty much just listed everything I would have suggested lol. I had 3.2 Jailbreaked and just upped to 4.2.1. How easy was the the JB? (never did a tethered JB)

Speaking of emulators, if you have a Wii, whip out your Wii-Motes, you can use them as controllers with the emulators. I actually went out and got the classic controllers to use. SNES emulator is champion now.

Last edited:

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Haha I noticed that the wiimotes work with the emulator :p. They're very cool! The wiimotes in my house don't belong to me, but I'll probably buy one of my own very soon specifically to use with the iPad emulators. Super Mario rpg ftw!
Anyways, another question...
Is there an easy way to find themes for the iPad?
Installing was a tiny bit confusing, because I didn't realize I had to hold the home button still during the jailbreak and Cydia install, other than that it went off without a hitch.

I have no problem with running 4.2.1 on a tethered jailbreak cause I never restate or power down during the day, I always end the night at home in my cozy bed, and the battery on this thing lasts longer than on my palm pre! (although it's over clocked from 500mhz to 1ghz, and home-brewed up from head to toe).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods