Is 4.1 no longer up for SHSH approval?

Space Farm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have a bone stock iPhone 4.0 never updated or broken. Starting today I am attempting to plan for a smooth jailbreak where I don't accidentally screw up a good thing, like the baseband. 4.1 will not save its SHSH tonight in TinyUmbrella. Only 4.2.1 and 4.2b3. Please, any suggestions or have I missed the window?

Space Farm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
So having 4.0, is there no constructive jailbreak for me to try? Or are we at an awkward point where waiting for 4.3 to unfold will be necessary?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So having 4.0, is there no constructive jailbreak for me to try? Or are we at an awkward point where waiting for 4.3 to unfold will be necessary?

With 4.0 you can use either Greenpois0n, Limera1n, Redsn0w, pwnagetool, or Star. I recommend Star. Just go to jailbreakme.com on safari using your iphone and swipe. Easy as pie. Also make sure you download Saurik's pdf fix since you aren't upgrading.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're on 4.0 you could JB to 4.1 with pwnage tool. However right now there is no un-tethered JB for iPhone 4 for 4.2.1

Space Farm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I've been so busy I haven't been along for the firmware/jailbreak ride or news. Were there any improvements like speed/stability beyond 4.0?

These breaks can be well enough reversed without losing 4.0, correct?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. I've been so busy I haven't been along for the firmware/jailbreak ride or news. Were there any improvements like speed/stability beyond 4.0?

These breaks can be well enough reversed without losing 4.0, correct?

Actually no... The bad thing about not saving your SHSH blobs is that if you do jailbreak, you cant restore back to old firmware... Youd have to go to 4.2.1.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So if that ever happens, I lose this baseband plus cope with tethered breaks. And this will be the case until a new jailbreak?

Not necessarily. You might be able to preserve your baseband and an untethered JB may be possible. No one knows for certain yet as nothing has been released besides the tethered JB.