Unlocking iPhone 3G & 3GS official support thread (Updated 11/28/10)

Saniph

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went to the dummy website and used Greenpoison. It's now still on the verbose text scolling and keep saying:

Failed to get Apple S5L8(blablabla)ARM7M after 250 sec
... after 370 sec
... after 490 sec
... after 610 sec

should I turn it off or let it work it's way though???????

Help!

vlkster

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
ok..got an iphone 3gs(4.2.1) from a friend with a broken screen, ordered the part and while waiting for the screen i jailbroke the phone, 1st with redsn0w(didn?t work) then with greenpois0n(worked). got the new screen and shut the phone off then fixed it, turned it back on and got the greenpois0n load logo?thats it. ive tried everything, restore, re-jailbreaking it, you name and still nothing only the apple logo with the load circle. then i mistakingly updated to 4.3.2?.i?m stuck, did i mess up the phone? please help..anyone?

Jonezed7

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I need some help jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone 3G 8GB running 4.2.1 with baseband 05.15.04. I can't seem to get it into DFU mode using greenposion R6.

Any help on a better method?
Also, I'm using Windows 7.

Last edited:

bobsicas

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Stuck with Snowflake

Tonight I decided to restore upgrade my 3GS to 4.3.3
I used a pre customised ipsw to preserve my bb. USED iReb for DFU. Did shift+restore over itunes.
Now I'm stuck at snowflake progress bar screen for over 15 mins. Is that normal. The progress bar is near the end, just not moving.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Tonight I decided to restore upgrade my 3GS to 4.3.3
I used a pre customised ipsw to preserve my bb. USED iReb for DFU. Did shift+restore over itunes.
Now I'm stuck at snowflake progress bar screen for over 15 mins. Is that normal. The progress bar is near the end, just not moving.

Try using redsnow to put into dfu mode then do a shift restore in iTunes using your custom ipsw

tommyjaw

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Help Please. I used pw tool to create custom FW, jail broke my 3GS, then ran ultraslow to unlock. When I put the T-Mobile simcard in it just keeps searching for a signal. What am I missing in this process. Oh yeah it is FW version 4.3.3 not sur on the baseband as the phone was left at my office this afternoon.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Help Please. I used pw tool to create custom FW, jail broke my 3GS, then ran ultraslow to unlock. When I put the T-Mobile simcard in it just keeps searching for a signal. What am I missing in this process. Oh yeah it is FW version 4.3.3 not sur on the baseband as the phone was left at my office this afternoon.

Baseband means everything when unlocking as there certain base bands that can be unlocked post baseband and I'm sure I can help

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Basebankd is 05.16.02

You can not unlock that baseband your only option is too upgrade to the iPad baseband 6.15.00
Check out iclairified.com and put in your info it will explain

There is catches with going to the iPad baseband
It can not be undone and you will have to always run custom Ipsw you will never be able to restore it original in iTunes it will brick your phone untill u reload a custom Ipsw.
It also voids all everything to apple because if u take it in they can see what u did. Also you would have to make custom Ipsw for any software you would want to upgrade too.

Any question let me know

BenSWoodruff

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Updating iPhone 3GS with iPad baseband

I'm using a 3GS with iOS 4.1 (8B117) with baseband 06.15.00. I've been unlocked for a few months, using it successfully on T-Mobile.

I am having a hard time finding info on this...trying to find out if/how I can update my iPhone 3GS from 4.1 to something newer. I run into errors when trying to update through iTunes using newer (pwned) IPSWs. Obviously, the un-pwned IPSWs don't work either. I've even tried just rejailbreaking it using redsn0w and a newer IPSW, which sometimes helps me get back up and running when I've been tinkering and accidentally lock up my iPhone. None of these attempts have worked to get me running a newer version of iOS. I'm confused and if there are any relevant guides/materials or people with relevant knowledge/experience updating a 06.15 iPhone, please let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

Update: figured it out with help from Peligro911. Thanks!

Before doing anything I say below, you might want to back up your j/b apps/settings with packagebackup or similar service, and also back up your apple apps with iTunes. Your phone will be wiped when you upgrade. You might also want to use TinyUmbrella to save any SHSH blobs for later switching back to the ipsw you're currently on.

If you upgraded to the iPad baseband, just use Pwnagetool or snowbreeze to create your newer ipsw. I was on 4.1 and created a 4.3.3 ipsw using pwnagetool. Then use redsnow to put your phone into pwned dfu mode (select an ipsw at main page, use the stock one you used earlier to make your custom version, then on the next page uncheck cydia and check the box at the bottom of the list saying "just put phone into pwned dfu mode" which will use limerain). Next, open iTunes with your phone in dfu, and hold opt (shift for PC) and click on restore. Select your custom ipsw from where you saved it, then click choose. Your phone will now be restored and wiped clean. Enjoy :)

The step I forgot was to use redsnow to put the phone in dfu mode :-/ silly me. Worked great though, once I added this step to the equation!

Last edited:

Ardydub

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
3G - what to do with it?

A long time ago my son gave me a present of an iphone 3G (model MB702LL) running on AT&T carrier. He was carrying the billing with me as a family member on his plan!

I stopped updating its software at 3.1.3 (7E18) because I had jailbroken it for tethering at that level and didn't want to mess with it after that. phone works well and tethering has been great.

AT&T started messing around with our billing and so my son is switching phones and carriers when his AT&T contract expires. The account I am enjoying is soon to be disconnected.

What can I do with it after that? Can I switch carriers with it? to Verizon or Sprint or ??

Is there a market for an older phone like this?

Looking for suggestions before I lose connectivity soon! Thanks --

Ryan

mattycouz

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
hey guys I have an iPhone 3G which im trying to unlock im running modem firmware 05.15.04 version 4.2.1, which is the best way to unlock, this is alot harder then blackberry's

mattycouz

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
so im an official iphone retard i didnt even understand one thing what they were talking about i dont know if im suppose to download 4.1.3 or what?

idarwin79

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi every one; I've posted another thread about this but I closed it thinking my problem was solved but it wasn't. I'll try to put this in the shortest way possible and I'll be more than thankfull if I can make this work.

I bought and Iphone on ebay; the thing said that it was a iphone 3g with 3.1.2 and 6.1.5 baseband. The phone worked Ok for three days until it got stuck on the apple logo. We do not still know what happened cause we did not pushed the restore button on the itunes. I'm just guessing but recently i found out that there was a version of cydia that when you installed stuff the phone went dead like this. Not sure though. I've tried a thou things... read lots of posts but nothing. The only thing I was able to do JUST ONE TIME is to boot it tethered using redsn0w.

I've tried several versions of redsn0w with no luck. I tried re-writing the baseband to 6.1.5. The thing is that I'm lost and I don't know where to start or do... I need some guidance and a fresh start from 0.

Please help me

Thank you.

E.-

Edit: also when I try to boot tethered now it gets stuck on the pineapple logo :( DAMN
Edit2: I tried to boot tethered, it hangs on pineapple, then just run update baseband with NO OTHER option and it booted. Now I don't have wifi :(

Last edited:

fana28

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
3G Jailbreak fail with error 1015

Hi there,

I recently update my itunes and install IOS 5 for my iphone 4. When I try to restore my iphone 3G on baseband 06.00.15 (the ipad firmware version for the unlock) under IOS 4.2.1 it failed everytime with the same error 1015, I have tried Tiny Umbrella and changing the host file but no avail. PLEASE HELP!!!:confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox