Unlocking iPhone 3G & 3GS official support thread (Updated 11/28/10)

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It didnt flash the baseband as advertised. Ive followed the directions on redmondpie, using redsn0w. Didnt work. I dont know what else to say. Also tried a 3g, also didnt work.

afc33125

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So much to learn!
I finally got my 3G jailbroken, (5.14.02, 4.1, Build 8B117)
thanks to redsnow, but hadn't read enough to know I had to point to the iPAD baseband (06.15.00), so I still have 5.14.02. In order to unlock do I have to re- recover the original 4.1, then run PwnageTool 4.1.3, or can I run PwnageTool 4.1.3 on top of the redsnow jailbroken iPhone? Simply stated, can I patch my jailbroken 3G with Pwnage or do I start over? Thanks for help.

Echo381

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok i dont know if i am doing something wrong here

3gs 4.2.1 the 5.15 bb and i am using redswn0w and i get my phone into DFU and it says its jailbreaking then when the progress bar gets all the way over the phone reboots with the apple logo and then starts up a min after that.

i have check the just boot tethered box and i have the ipad BB my main goal is just to unlock the phone any help would be great

oh and after the phone boots redsn0w just sits there saying exploiting with limera1n

BApple

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
HELP PLEASE ... I did jailbreak using "jailbreakme.com" ... doesn't get any easier. Now I'm using OS 4.0.1, which is super-slow, and would like to upgrade to OS 4.2. There seems to be no easy way to do this. My good-old iphone 3G is running baseband 05.13.04. What would be the easiest way to upgrade to OS 4.2? Much thanks in advance. ^_^

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! Could you give me some advice.

Currently I have a 3Gs with iOS 4.0.1 and baseband 05.13.04, jailbroken and unlocked.
Is it possible to upgrade to iOS 4.2.1, while preserving the baseband and unlock? I have Windows OS.
Thanks!

Edit 1: Tool used to JB 4.0.1 was jailbreakme.com.
Edit 2: My 3Gs has the old bootrom.
Edit 3: My aim is for an untethered jailbreak.

Last edited:

mistermcquay

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Help! Help! Help!

I am new here and have been an iPhone 3GS user since August of 2010. I bought it jailbroken and was using SimpleMobile as my carrier. Recently, my GF thought she was being helpful and updated my iPhone via iTunes and and now my iPhone wont work at all. I just get that screen which means I need to connect to iTunes but now even iTunes wont recognize the phone. What do I do? what CAN I do?

merceken

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3GS new bootrom, version 3.1.2(7D11) on 05.12.01. Unable to upgrade hence stuck with blackra1n for hacktivation.
My question is whether I can now use any of the tethered jailbreaks available and then be able to upgrade to a newer version and unlock as well.

Last edited:

brian1269

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3G, baseband 05.15.04, which I foolishly updated to 4.2.1. I wanted to unlock the phone to use as a backup. I downgraded to 4.0, jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. It unlocked the phone so it gets a network signal and I can make phone calls, but there's no data. Is there anyway to fix this without going to the 06.15.00 baseband?

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
3GS with 3.1.2 move to 3.1.3?

Have a 3GS with 3.1.2/05.11.07bb. Should/can I move to 3.13 and jailbreak? Main reason to have more access to apps. Thanks! *

Diff

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Still seeking an answer...

Have a 3GS with 3.1.2/05.11.07bb. Should/can I move to 3.13 and jailbreak? Main reason to have more access to apps. Thanks!

Echo381

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
ok i have a 3gs 4.21 and on 5.15 bb i have it jailbroke with GP but when i go to install the custom ipad bb with redsnow i dont see the option to install the baseband anywhere just at the beginning where you select the ipsw file

btw i am running windows7 and yes i ran redsn0w in admin/xp compat like they say to

QuisyBaby

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So i have a jailbroken iphone3gs and i am trying to unjailbreak the phone, but everything i do doesn't seem to work. here are the details:

- i used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 program
-Firmware is 4.2.1
- installed Baseband is 05.15.04-6.4_M3S2

i keep getting put back to the plug iphone into itunes screen, i just want a normal iphone, if that is possible.

Help please!

Echo381

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So i have a jailbroken iphone3gs and i am trying to unjailbreak the phone, but everything i do doesn't seem to work. here are the details:

- i used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 program
-Firmware is 4.2.1
- installed Baseband is 05.15.04-6.4_M3S2

i keep getting put back to the plug iphone into itunes screen, i just want a normal iphone, if that is possible.

Help please!

Start Itunes and Click the restore button and after its done your back to normal

rmx rider

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I have a new bootrom 3GS which is locked to some french network and can only be activated with its SIM.

Currently I run 4.0 JB+Unlock on it, and wonder how can i install 4.2.1-on it, while being able to activate it and unlock.

I read after it, but found nothing about unlocking and what happens next. Please help! I'd really appreciate it!!

Thank you!

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there is a post on here for jailbreaking for dummies! Can u please direct me to it? I need to jailbreak my husbands 3G 4.2.1. I have never done this before. Thanks for your patience.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure there is a post on here for jailbreaking for dummies! Can u please direct me to it? I need to jailbreak my husbands 3G 4.2.1. I have never done this before. Thanks for your patience.

Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look for the tutorials. Then pick your appropriate JB, for you Greenpoison will prob be the easiest. Just do a search on here to see what kind of problems you might encounter and how to fix it.

rmx rider you need to restore using a custom ipsw made with pwnage tool. This will leave the baseband intact to allow you to unlock and it will allow you to hacktivate the phone, use another SIM. Pwnage tool only works on Macs so if you don't have one PM me and I'll make you an ipsw file.

Saniph

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Help for iPhone 3G unlock/jailbreak

Hello,

A few months ago I bought an new, unlocked phone in Miami, as I don't need a subscription for working overseas. I updated the iPhone new software as it was needed for the app iBooks. I downloaded the software to my iTunes on the PC and updated my phone... Obviously I was not the original owner, it locked on me. I tried to get it back on the previous version, but it mad eit only worse. Now it gives me only the emergency screen. The one that shows the USB to stick it in your iTunes. iTunes on it's turn says, "the SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported".

That's correct I'm in Haiti and use a prepaid card.

I tried Blackra1n but it give an error saying it's missing a .dll

Now I'm great at healthcare but no wizard in different types and codes of phones... I just know I have an iPhone 3G. There's just too much on that phone that needs to be recovered. :(

PLEASE HELP
Sandy.

Well, I went to the dummy website and used Greenpoison. It's now still on the verbose text scolling and keep saying:

Failed to get Apple S5L8(blablabla)ARM7M after 250 sec
... after 370 sec
... after 490 sec
... after 610 sec

should I turn it off or let it work it's way though???????

Help!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2