Jail broke iPad 4.2.1 with redsnow, now Cydia crashes

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Did you run redsn0w one more time and check the box that says "just boot tethered now"? You have to do that even right after your initial jailbreak or Cydia won't open properly.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you run redsn0w one more time and check the box that says "just boot tethered now"? You have to do that even right after your initial jailbreak or Cydia won't open properly.

I did that, the Cydia icon looks like the normal icon but it fails on launch. Comes on for about a half second then disappears.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
You have to manually update the cydia files to the new version. It is not automatically included with the jailbreak. The dev teams site has instructions.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You have to manually update the cydia files to the new version. It is not automatically included with the jailbreak. The dev teams site has instructions.

That's what I was looking for, thanks. No idea why they didn't let people know that in advance, or did I miss thhe memo...

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think you missed the memo it has been updated. I have been using cydia on my 4.2.1 Ipad since it came out. No problems here.

that may be, however a full, untethered, all-in-one jailbreak has yet to be released which includes the latest version of Cydia.

Until that happens I will remain on normal iOS 4.2.1 on iPad, and will remain jailbroken on my iPhone 4 with 4.1. Cannot live without iBlacklist

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
My iPad is running great on redsn0w. A tethered iPad doesnt really affect me much since I never reboot and even when I do there is a computer close by.

shimrob

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I upgraded to 4.2.1 on my ipad. I saved the ssh file with umbrella.
Could you please tell me if the way you jailbroke your ipad it it teatherd or non-teathered?
thank you

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hello, I upgraded to 4.2.1 on my ipad. I saved the ssh file with umbrella.
Could you please tell me if the way you jailbroke your ipad it it teatherd or non-teathered?
thank you

it is tethered using redsn0w. There is no untethered JB as of yet. Honestly, for my iPad its not really an issue...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73