my Iphone has IOS 4.0.2 and baseband 01.59.00, whats the best way to unlock?

TahoeDobie

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
i have been over and over reading about jailbreaking, and unlocking.

I am now totally confused. I have seen some guides on how to jailbreak 4.1 and unlock that (with a old baseband)

But how do i go about unlocking my ios 4.0 and baseband 1.59.00?

I just got the phone from my cousin that never updates her ios, and she gave me the phone so i can use it on my travels.

I know if i wanted to upgrade to i04.1 that i need to save my blob (?) is 4.1 better then 4.0? i rather not risk it.

I really need this phone unlocked as im moving overseas for 4 months.

thanks in advance

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't upgrade yet. I used limera1n to jailbreak and then ultrasnow to unlock my iphone 4. I am using it on T-Mobile as we speak.

I jailbroke and unlocked a 3gs for a friend. He then sold the phone to me, but not before he upgraded to 4.1. I have jailbroke but it is still locked as there is no unlock for it..

John

TahoeDobie

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
So to confirm my Iphone 4 with IOS 4.0.2 and baseband 1.59 can be jailbroken with limera1n and unlocked with ultrasnow

Not Jailbreakme.com

Ok. now if i use limera1n, Cydia gets installed automatically..correct?

and from there inside Cydia i would find ultrasnow to unlock my phone...correct?

whew..
:)

shanti.vt1

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a similiar question. I have a 3gs with 4.1 and the latestest baseband 5.14.12.

I have not updated to 4.2.1 and the latest baseband. But it looks like from the tweets it will be unlockable. Should I upgrade to the latest and then jail brake and unlock.

I also have a lot of jail broken apps.

What to do...

thanks

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 and keep baseband 01.59.00 if you use pwnagetool 4.1. Use pwnagetool to build the custom 4.1 firmware and it will preserve your baseband. Then you can use ultrasn0w to unlock through cydia.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro