1. jtrevill's Avatar
    With the news about Apples new attempt to block an unlock, are we going to have to wait until an exploit is found, or can we expect to see a 4.1 unlock? I know original plans were to wait for 4.2 to unlock....
    11-24-2010 01:07 PM
  2. gbernier's Avatar
    well they already found the exploit in the basebands for 4.1 so i dont know why they havnt released it yet considering they said 1-2 days after release. with 4.2.1 out its makes it alot more complicated with the baseband signature check. Im not even going to bother upgrading my 3gs to 4.2.1, ill probably wait till 5.0 comes out unless newer firmwares have features i cannot live without.
    11-24-2010 02:32 PM
  3. jdavis530's Avatar
    With the news about Apples new attempt to block an unlock, are we going to have to wait until an exploit is found, or can we expect to see a 4.1 unlock? I know original plans were to wait for 4.2 to unlock....
    Ultrasn0w can be downloaded via Cydia and unlock iOS 4.1.
    11-24-2010 03:52 PM
  4. farbod21's Avatar
    Until further notice. You can check modem (baseband) firmware in general settings --> about

    Ultrasn0w Unlock:

    X-Gold 608 processor (iPhone3G, iPhone3GS, iPad3G)

    - YES: 5.12.01 3.1.3 (Build 7E18)

    - YES: 5.13.03 4.0 beta 1 (Build 8A230m) and 4.0 beta 2 (Build 8A248c)

    - YES: 5.13.04 4.0 (Build 8A293), 4.0.1 (Build 8A306), and 4.0.2 (Build 8A400)

    - NO: 5.14.01 4.1 beta 2 (Build 8B5091b)

    - NO: 5.14.02 4.1 (Build 8B117)

    - NO: 5.15.04 4.2.1 (Build 8C148)

    XMM 6180 processor (iPhone4)

    - YES: 1.59.00 4.0 (Build 8A293), 4.0.1 (Build 8A306), and 4.0.2 (Build 8A400)

    - NO: 2.07.01 4.1 beta 1 (Build 8B5080c)

    - NO: 2.10.04 4.1 (Build 8B117)

    - NO: 3.10.01 4.2.1 (Build 8C148)
    Last edited by farbod21; 11-24-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    11-24-2010 03:58 PM
  5. gbernier's Avatar
    Okay well is any clue as of when 5.14.02 build 8b117 will be released?
    11-24-2010 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD