I've got an iPad on jailbroken os 3.2... never really needed to upgrade until now. I just finished upgrading my iPhone 4 to os 4.2, so I had to upgrade to iTunes 10.1 in the process.

Can I safely upgrade my iPad straight to os 4.2, or do I have to unjailbreak first? I've read that it's recommended to unjailbreak, but I'm having trouble finding explicit instructions for unjailbreaking iPad os 3.2 on iTunes 10.1.

Thanks in advance!
    11-23-2010 02:34 PM
    I upgraded to 4.2.1 from 3.2 JB and had no issues. I did a clean install though so no restore from backup after the upgrade. I am big on starting with a clean slate.
    farbod21 likes this.
    11-23-2010 03:02 PM
    Virginize its first. Do a fresh restore to unjailbreak it. If you dont, many problems may arise. Ive been there done that in the past
    farbod21 likes this.
    11-23-2010 03:06 PM
    I simply clicked on Restore, which did a Restore + OS 4.2 Download/Upgrade in one sequence, and it worked just fine. Thanks for the responses!
    11-23-2010 06:10 PM
    I've got an iPad on jailbroken os 3.2... never really needed to upgrade until now. I just finished upgrading my iPhone 4 to os 4.2, so I had to upgrade to iTunes 10.1 in the process.

Can I safely upgrade my iPad straight to os 4.2, or do I have to unjailbreak first? I've read that it's recommended to unjailbreak, but I'm having trouble finding explicit instructions for unjailbreaking iPad os 3.2 on iTunes 10.1.

Thanks in advance!
    BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS FIRST.

It can be really easy to forget to do that in the rush to to a fresh iOS install.
    11-23-2010 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD