I am currently jailbroken with GP(4.1) and I believe that my SHSH Blobs are saved as there is an "SHSH: 4.1, ... " on the top of my Cydia. Am I safe to upgrade to 4.2? I realize that GP is not yet available for 4.2 but Id rather upgrade my OS and wait for it to come out. Haven't done this before so I am a bit skeptical. Where can I find the process instructions to upgrading my OS whilst jailbroken? Thank you
    11-22-2010 10:46 PM
    I am currently jailbroken with GP(4.1) and I believe that my SHSH Blobs are saved as there is an "SHSH: 4.1, ... " on the top of my Cydia. Am I safe to upgrade to 4.2? I realize that GP is not yet available for 4.2 but Id rather upgrade my OS and wait for it to come out. Haven't done this before so I am a bit skeptical. Where can I find the process instructions to upgrading my OS whilst jailbroken? Thank you
    If you dont care about Unlocking, then yes go ahead. Just upgrade as normal. JB has no affect on the process. Just remember that you will have to repeat the entire process when JB is released. Its easier just waiting.
    totes magoats likes this.
    11-22-2010 10:49 PM
    Repeat the jailbreak process and re download all the jailbroken apps I have ? :o
    11-22-2010 10:56 PM
    So, I got a jailbroken iPhone 4 with limera1n, although I don't need something like an unlock because my iPhone is unlocked. Nevertheless I use the functions of an jailbreaked iPhone...

So what happens now if I Update to 4.2 although my iPhone is jailbroken? What happens to the Apps Ive downloaded with Cydia etc.?

Sorry for the newbish questions
    11-23-2010 03:45 AM
    You guys please read my FAQ. Its pretty simple. Just wait for new tools to be updated and it will be MUCH easier.
    11-23-2010 03:59 AM
    Yep, why this insane need for 4.2? There's hardly anything in it worth having over all the functionality a jb gives you. Wait for an easy jb to come out first.
    11-23-2010 07:26 AM
    Yep, why this insane need for 4.2? There's hardly anything in it worth having over all the functionality a jb gives you. Wait for an easy jb to come out first.
    Has an easy jailbreak come out yet? I'm in the same boat as OP.
    12-04-2010 11:38 AM
    Has an easy jailbreak come out yet? I'm in the same boat as OP.
    Not yet. As soon as it does I'm sure you will see it announced everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-04-2010 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD