I noticed a few minor bugs with my iPhone 3gs 32g running 4.0 and Jailbroken using Limera1n. I did a reset on the phone with in hopes of clearing the few little bugs and now I am stuck with the black screen and Apple logo. I have tried putting the phone in DFU mode with out any luck. What should I do next? The phone will not shut off and will not show the lockscreen or springboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    11-16-2010 11:35 AM
    If you hold hold the sleep and home button for 15 seconds what happens?
    11-16-2010 12:29 PM
    Nothing I just get the apple logo with the spinning wheel and black background. After awhile it will just kick off the come back to the same black screen with the apple logo
    11-16-2010 01:30 PM
    Nothing I just get the apple logo with the spinning wheel and black background. After awhile it will just kick off the come back to the same black screen with the apple logo
    Can you hold it until shuts off and before it reboots?
    11-16-2010 01:35 PM
    Yes it will shut off
    11-16-2010 01:35 PM
    Yes it will shut off
    Then you can get it in DFU mode.

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.

2. Turn iPhone off.

3. Hold power and home together for 10 seconds.

4. Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.

5. A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
    Bull likes this.
    11-16-2010 01:50 PM
    Unfortunately I am at the office and not at home. I will try this; this evening when i get to the house. I will keep you posted and thank you for your replies thus far.
    11-16-2010 02:10 PM
    Thank you Farbod, I am back up and running. What a rough day without my phone. Now the lengthy process of reloading my J/B apps.
    11-16-2010 08:01 PM
    Thank you Farbod, I am back up and running. What a rough day without my phone. Now the lengthy process of reloading my J/B apps.
    FYI, there is a free app called AptBackup in Cydia that will help speed up the process of reloading JB apps in the future.
    11-17-2010 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD