IMO: PdaNet > MyWi

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
The newest version of PdaNet finally brings wifi hotspot capability to match MyWi. I have tried both and I greatly prefer PdaNet. MyWi has such a bulky DRM that it leaves a gigantic footprint and their transitions from on and off are incredibly buggy. Also MyWi makes remembering known secured networks in need of being selected from time to time instead of automatically connecting.

If youve already paid for MyWi then you might as well just stick with it, but if you haven't Id give PdaNet a shot, its a better written app.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I've been told that Pdatnet is a lot slower than MyWi, is that no longer the case?

The new PdaNet has no speed loss at all. I ran several tests and my speeds over 3G were the same on my iPhone untethered as they were on my iPad when tethered to my iPhone.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying to tell people about PDAnet since the new version was released weeks ago. I use it all the time. No bugs that I've noticed.

jay0heavenly

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
PDA lost this battle by waiting so long to release the wireless capability. Perhaps they waited so long so that they could put together a great program, but so many people have MyWi now they'll never even get to try PDAnet.

I have MyWi now and love it. PDAnet may be better, but I'll never know.

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I'd have to go with MyWi just because of the fact I bought it before PDAnet even came out. I was torn on which one to go with before i paid for one but I just went with MyWi because I liked how everything worked without a problem when i trialed it.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep MyWi, only for the fact that it has a Battery Charge/Drain display. Really wish it was a separate feature though. I have mywi installed on my wifi iPad specifically to see if the source I am charging from is good or not

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ok awesome thanks for the info guys I'm gonna try it out. I didn't get MiWi because I wont be JBen when 4.2 comes out and don't know if I will redo the JB so didn't want to pay for something if I was unsure.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't quite understand why it's important to be able to share your data with others in the first place. Maybe I'm just selfish. Maybe I'd rather not risk AT&T saying I'm using too much data.

I used PdaNet on all my Palm devices, and have put a fortune into purchasing it for a Treo 650, 700, and then an 800w. I'd buy it again if they offered an upgrade path.

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
I've never really played with PdaNet very much, other than messing around with it in the earlier Jb days. Since then, I've strictly used MyWi, but I'm thinking I might give PdaNet a try now that they've added some value. I need the WiFi hotspot feature for my WiFi-only iPad. Without that, my iPad is virtually useless while on the go.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner