Cydia's New Warning Messege

willows3

Jun 10, 2010
www.myspace.com
:confused:

On a link that says "Upgrading to 4.0.2? Read This"
"Note: This device requires its firmware installations to be verified by Apple before every single restore. This is designed to keep you from installing jailbreakable firmwares as Apple fixes the exploitable bugs

Users that have agreed to let Cydia manage their SHSH history can use its signature server replacement to restore with older firmware versions.

Please understand, this is a history: once Apple releases a new firmware, there is no going back. Neither your device, nor your computer, has any information on it that is able to help you downgrade at a later time!
"

This means if I upgrade- I can't jailbreak my phone again until a next jailbreak is released, right?

Or is this telling me that my warranty is going to be void because I will not be able to wipe out the jailbreak completely?

Please excuse my ignorance. I'll get better at this, promise.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The SHSH signatures are stored on the Cydia servers, if you save them there that is.

Without them saved on Cydia ( or TinyUmbrella to save them on your computer ), if you upgrade to a new version, you CANNOT downgrade.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods