Need help to use my iphone again?

viciousk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
So I have an iphone 3G that i unlocked and jailbroken to use with my tmobile service. But the other day, i replaced a broken ear piece myself and when i reassembled everything back together, the screen wouldn't turn on. the turn received calls and everything, but it was just a black screen. i tried reboot and adjusting the ribbon cables, but still the screen was dead. i even replaced the glass and digitizer, but same thing. so i finally decided to restore it thought itunes and now im stuck with iphone that is in the middle of a restore, but i cant complete it because i dont have a proper SIM card.

What can i do to use my iphone again?
If i borrow someones at&t sim card, i cant jailbreak or unlock it because of the upgraded baseband/firmware.
Remember that i cant see anything on my iphone screen still.
Should i replace the LCD? Even then, i still have this restore problem?
What are my options? Do i really have to wait til the new firmware is jailbroken?

Thanks in advance

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Restore is when the firmware and baseband gets updated. Putting in the carrier sim card just activates the phone so you can get pass the emergency call screen. What firmware did you restore to? If 4.1, you better hope you have a first few 5.08 bootloader 3G iPhone. If you do, you can JB and use Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband to a unlockable one. If no, you are screwed and have to wait for future unlock.

Anyway, you'll have to get screen fix. Hard to do anything on iPhone without working screen.

Last edited:

viciousk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Restore is when the firmware and baseband gets updated. Putting in the carrier sim card just activates the phone so you can get pass the emergency call screen. What firmware did you restore to? If 4.1, you better hope you have a first few 5.08 bootloader 3G iPhone. If you do, you can JB and use Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband to a unlockable one. If no, you are screwed and have to wait for future unlock.

Anyway, you'll have to get screen fix. Hard to do anything on iPhone without working screen.

how do i tell if i have the 5.08 bootloader? also how do i JB?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
use limera1n to hactivate but unfortunately you won't be able to use it on tmobile anymore till they release the unlock for 4.2 (which should be some time this month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro