Both Greenpois0n & Limera1n Fail

Cigarfingers

Nov 3, 2010
thepokerforum.freeforums.org
Hey guys,

Ive been trying to jailbreak my iphone 3gs now for two days without success.
Ive used both of the programs to do it and neither has worked for me Im running 4.1 with the newest itunes installed.

The Greenpois0n just keeps saying failed try again and the limera1n will say release sleep button but then the screen just stays black and nothing happens...until i hold both sleep and home button for ages,then phone normally comes back on without needing a restore.

Im now stuck as to where to go or how to get this done. Considering going and paying one of these unlock phone guys at the markets to do it cos ive had no success with it

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You need to backup your phone, do a fresh restore, and jailbreak it before you sync. For many people there seems to be a problem trying to get the Jailbreak to deliver the payload with synced phones...

Cigarfingers

Nov 3, 2010
Okay I can see that may work and I will give it a go but then after I've done it and it worked if I restore my backup won't that wipe the jailbreak again? I'm thinking about my app's would I lose them?
Sorry not sure so thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Okay I can see that may work and I will give it a go but then after I've done it and it worked if I restore my backup won't that wipe the jailbreak again? I'm thinking about my app's would I lose them?
Sorry not sure so thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

You can try restoring from backup before you JB or after, that doesnt seem to cause many problems. These are only tour settings anyway, not the actual firmware.

No you will not lose your apps, you can sync like normal after you jailbreak without any problems.

txredman

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
When I did my iP4 I had the same problem - I let off the power button when it said to but stayed on the home button until it said the jailbreak was complete - it worked, may have been a fluke but wanted to let you know in case that's it. Good luck

Cigarfingers

Nov 3, 2010
You need to backup your phone, do a fresh restore, and jailbreak it before you sync. For many people there seems to be a problem trying to get the Jailbreak to deliver the payload with synced phones...

Weird as to why you would have to wipe it first but I'm gonna give that a go.
Does anyone know why some have to be wiped and some don't?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I was in the same shoes as you. For 2 days. Some are gonna say the opposite. But the only way my phone would go all the way through the JB and downloaded Cydia was after a fresh restore but than a sync.

I tried many times to get my JB to work before I synced my phone but it would always fail. I would do what farbod said first though. A fresh restore to 4.1 and JB before you sync your phone. Make sure you let your phone activate first and than use Limera1n. Seems you're in my shoes and greenpoision just isn't gonna work. But if that doesn't work. This is what I did after 2 days of trying....

A fresh restore to 4.1, than rebooted phone. Synced phone and than ran Limera1n. Rebooted phone and than loaded Cydia.

Josh

Cigarfingers

Nov 3, 2010
The thing is,the other night whilst trying to jb my phone i had to do a restore as it wouldn't come back on. I restored to original settings through itunes then restored to my earlier backed up files. So i guess im saying do i restore,then jb before loading any former back up points to the phone?
Sorry but wanna make sure i do it right and dont lose any app or contacts

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The thing is,the other night whilst trying to jb my phone i had to do a restore as it wouldn't come back on. I restored to original settings through itunes then restored to my earlier backed up files. So i guess im saying do i restore,then jb before loading any former back up points to the phone?
Sorry but wanna make sure i do it right and dont lose any app or contacts

Give it a go. You won't brick it don't worry.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I tried it both ways. Only worked BEFORE a sync for me. Some people worked only after sync. Jailbreaks needed to delivered at DFU mode due to low level boot exploits are extremely fussy. Its the price we pay to having the exploit work for the life of the device...

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Cigar your phone should be backed up , you can check to see the backups on Itunes and the date it was made. So no matter what you're info is saved. You're not gonna lose your contacts and apps except Cydia ones but if you chose to make your life easier when you first jailbroken your phone on 4.0 all the paid apps and stuff you can re-download and won't have to pay again. Most people take screenshot pics of there apps in the Cydia page where your stuff is listed. Thats what I did, casue writing them all down would take forever.

Make sure you have the newest version of Itunes downloaded. I had an issue when I was on itunes 10.0 and than had to download 10.1 for the jailbreak to work.

Download newest version of Itunes and install it and reboot computer
Delete all previous versions of greenpoison or limerain you have and redownload them both. Reboot computer.
Reboot your phone.
Do a clean fresh restore to 4.1 and do not sync. Let it activate and DO NOT sync
Run whatever JB program you wanna try.
When its done reboot your phone.
Load up Cydia. It should give you a blank icon might say loader and than download Cydia.
Reboot phone.

Try both limerain and greenposion. If they don't work before a sync, try what I had to do and jailbreak after you sync.

The constant rebooting of the PC or MAC and phone might seem like a waste a time but sometimes those things seem to help.

Hope this helps
Josh

Cigarfingers

Nov 3, 2010
Okay,ive restored my phone and tried Greenpois0n and Limera1n again neither worked. I synced my phone then tried again and once again neither worked. Im now beginning to think that i have to ONLY iphone to be made thats jailbreak proof,maybe a prototype lol.

Totally stuck,fed up and Pi***d off with trying now and running out of ideas.

Regards,

Cigarfingers

Last edited:

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So just had a thought to try it on my laptop. Question is could it be something as stupid as a pc that won't do it?? That's just weird and don't make any sense does it?

Could be something, a firewall, antivirus, anti-malware, another program, bad USB connection and etc., on the PC messing things up. That's why good ieS to try on another computer.

ginnz

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i had issues when trying to jb with limera1n when it first came out, turns out i didnt have it connected to itunes while i tried, that solved the problem on the third try....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR