Hey everyone. Just a question: I tried multiple times to jailbreak my 3GS 4.1 (FW 05.14.02) using Greenpois0n and it failed numerous times. I tried restoring before and followed all the suggested steps. I'm pretty tech savvy and have jailbroken many times before. This is the first time I ever had any issues. So I figured I'd try Limera1n and lo and behold it worked on the first attempt.

My question is: Should I worry that Greenpois0n didn't work? I know that some have reported different issues with both jailbreaks as well. Anything I need to worry about since I used Limera1n?

Thanks!

Rich.
    10-26-2010 11:28 AM
    why not just try? I had the same problem, except the other way around. LimeRa1n didn't work, yet Greenpois0n did. I am however on iPhone 4, but i doubt it matters.
    10-26-2010 12:47 PM
    I don't think it matters, you achieved your goal right? I'm sure it was some small quirk, nothing I'd personally worry about.
    10-26-2010 03:15 PM
    I had this same problem this morning. Greenpois0n didn't work, though Limera1n did.

I found it strange, though i'm still new to JBing as it, this morning was the first time. Though i;ve wanted to for around a year now. So am not too worried just yet.

Cheers.
    10-27-2010 05:48 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. So far everything is working well. Got most of my favorite tweaks and apps back on... I was not jailbroken for a few weeks and it was driving me nuts! The iPhone, once jailbroken, is the perfect device for me.
    Last edited by dBMan; 10-27-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    10-27-2010 09:51 AM
    Not sure if you saw this, but Farbod21 posted this, good info, on why you should use greenpois0n if you don't need hacktivation. Worth the read.

Why you should use greenpois0n if you don't need hactivation
    10-27-2010 10:53 AM
    Yeah I saw that when I was researching what jb to use and actually decided on Greenpois0n. But as I said in the first post, I couldn't get Greenpois0n to work for me. Kinda bummed me but so far so good. Thanks.
    10-27-2010 11:23 AM
    You can always try again. I JB'ed for a friend yesterday at work with greenpois0n and it failed the first time too, but worked the 2nd. I think your timing with the buttons and which to hold and release has to be just perfect.
    10-27-2010 11:31 AM
    Maybe. But I tried 4 times and each time it failed. Everything looked good, and I know it was in DFU mode correctly. One of the failures required a full restore to get the phone working again - the phone hung at the Sync with iTunes message even after a reboot of the phone and my laptop.

I'll stay on Limera1n unless I see issues start to crop up.
    Last edited by dBMan; 10-27-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    10-27-2010 11:49 AM
    why not just try? I had the same problem, except the other way around. LimeRa1n didn't work, yet Greenpois0n did. I am however on iPhone 4, but i doubt it matters.
    i tried limerain a couple of times but with no sucess. i then tried greenpoison a couple of times and it eventually worked. i guess it does not matter what you use as long as you get the jailbreak!
    10-27-2010 01:57 PM
    I tried Limera1n the night it was released and until RC3 I was unsuccessful in getting Cydia set up. Really though in the end if you want to be JB'd it doesnt matter what tool you use. I have not had any issues with phone function or operation using Limera1n.
    10-27-2010 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD