Restored but still showing name from Make it mine???

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the restore of my phone before I was going to take it to the apple store. Although Limera1n was gone, it still showed my name over the carrier from the JB app Make it mine. How can I get rid of that?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine kinda did the same thing. I restored but had issues re-jailbreaking but had no carrier change. Than J/B on Limera1n and my carrier name change is back. I haven't downloaded MIM or anything yet though but I'm still cool with my name I have.

Josh

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The problem I have with it was thinking everything was restored back to factory settings and then going to the Apple store and having the rep say out his mouth "This phone has been jailbroken". While he did say he tried the same thing with his phone, I'm sure he put in the notes that my device was jailbroken and of course that voids the warranty.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
That's why you need to restore as a new device. If you restore from backup, it will carry over some JB stuff.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I didn't know I had to restore to a new device. Once I clicked restore regarding software I figured that would be it. However it's over now, Apple restored it for me and set it up as a new device and I've since did the JB with greenpois0n. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73