Getting ready for Jailbreak and I ned help

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I have been jailbroken using jailbreakme.com on my iphone 4 since jailbreak me was released. I have not updated to 4.1 yet and I was waiting a little while after greenpoison came out to see about any bugs. So now I am going to do it, but I have a few questions. Please let me know if my steps here are wrong.

1. Do a backup of my current phone through Itunes.
2. Restore as new through Itunes.
3. Update to 4.1
4. Restore from my backup.
5. Load Greenpoison and JB
6. reload all my JB apps.

Is this correct? Can someone please let me know if I have it right or where I am missing something. Thanks in advance.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok stupid question here. I'm in the same place as the Shlov1 (albeit with a 3GS). If I don't restore from backup at all, doesn't that mean I don't get back my contacts, calendar, memos, etc.?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is correct, dBMan. But if you'll just sync to Google, all your contacts and calendar entries will be there (permanently) and you don't have to worry about moving to a new device or restoring ever again.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
That is correct, dBMan. But if you'll just sync to Google, all your contacts and calendar entries will be there (permanently) and you don't have to worry about moving to a new device or restoring ever again.

I've wanted to get my contacts on Google for a while. I've looked online but haven't found a simple process that doesn't make me fear there will be duplicated entries and the like. I have just a few contacts in Google but tons on the phone. Can you post a link to the procedure for getting all my contacts from the phone to Google (combining with what I already have on Google) and then to have both in sync moving forward?

Thanks!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I would if I had one. You might want to look at something like CompanionLink - use the trial once to sync your iPhone to your Google account, and then don't worry from then on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner